Zimmerman case: Cursive

Discussion in 'Debate & Marathon Threads Archive' started by JustMe, Jun 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pashtun

Pashtun Fanatic

Jun 29, 2013

I think that is amazing. I wish our district would offer more than just Spanish, German, and French.

I tried finding a bilingual elementary school for my children...none.

2. jlj

jlj Devotee

Jun 29, 2013

Overall educational concern there. Reading, writing, even her grammar...wonder how her math skills are. Very sad for sure.

3. AdamnJakesMommy

AdamnJakesMommy Habitué

Jun 29, 2013

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but isn't this only an issue because she claimed she had written the letter? But because she can't read the cursive writing that she supposedly wrote she was implicated in an obvious lie--and that's why it was embarrassing for her?

I'm not following this case much at all, but I do recall hearing something like this mentioned on the news this evening.

I totally agree that cursive needs to be taught in schools. It's totally sad that someone can't read something written in cursive, especially since cursive is not that difficult to teach. Moreover, I find that cursive is much easier and quicker to write than print.

4. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 29, 2013

Someone wrote it for her. (She may have lied and said she wrote it to spare herself embarrassment...not sure, though.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.