Zero the Hero

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by MNTeacher, Feb 2, 2011.

1. MNTeacher

MNTeacher Rookie

Feb 2, 2011

Next Friday is our 100th day of school. Does Zero the Hero come to your classroom on the 100th day? I have a parent who wants to dress up and come in. He wants to spend some time with the class (maybe 30-45 minutes). What can I have him do with the class? He is going to bring a round shaped treat. Is there a Zero the Hero story?

Thanks for your help!

3. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Feb 2, 2011

Dr Jean has a printable story on her website that goes with her song.

4. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Feb 4, 2011

Zero Hero comes every 10th day of school for us. The students count for him by 1's, 5's and 10's to 100. He always brings an item with him that the students have to guess what it is on Zero Planet. They have to ask big questions like, is it something I can play with? eat? drink? throw?, etc. Everything he brings is shaped like a zero, but totally unrelated to the actual item on Earth. Like colored lifesavers are turkey feathers, chocolate striped shortbread cookies are magnets, powdered donuts are pillows, etc.

For us, Zero Hero cannot talk. (Mainly because it is sometimes different aides, depending on who is available.) He uses a bike horn and honks once for no and twice for yes.

On the 100th day though, Zero Hero brings cakes shaped like 0's that our cooks make. The kids don't have to ask questions, it's just a time of celebration, getting their pictures taken, etc.