zebra song ?

Discussion in 'Kindergarten' started by azteacher3, Mar 17, 2007.

1. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Mar 17, 2007

Ok, so all of the kinder classes at my school are doing a play about africa. My class is going to be the zebras and we have to sing a song about zebras.
    I'm hoping that someone might know of a song that is about zebras because I am not the most musically inclined person and can't seem to come up with anything! Or even a song about Africa - can't be the Lion King (the class that are the lions are doing this).
    Thanks!

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Mar 17, 2007

I found this, I actually only vaguely remember it, but it sounds promising :)

The Zebra-Riding Cowboy: A Folk Song from the Old West
    collected by Angela Shelf Medearis
    Henry Holt, 1992

Description: When an "educated fellow" shows up at the Z-Bar Ranch, all the cowboys are surely surprised when the stranger rides the Zebra Dun. This book gives a useful entry into offering young children a part of the rich history of African freemen and Mexican caballeros in the nineteenth century. Music for the folksong is provided.

4. gymnastNteach

gymnastNteach Rookie

Mar 18, 2007

mr ray song

mr ray has a song called "zibby the zebra," it's pretty cute. it's on his "start dreaming" CD. he is a fantastic singer for kids, he came to our school about two weeks ago and put on a great show!

http://www.mrray.com/

5. azteacher3

azteacher3 Companion

Mar 18, 2007

thanks guys!
    I was able to find a music clip to listen to the zibby the zebra song and it seems cute. The whole cd looks good. I'm always looking for music to play during their center time so I just might have to get this one!