Yudu Screenprinting

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Jem, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 30, 2010

I got a Yudu off Craigslist today and can't wait to use it. We want to screenprint the Sprout logo on our shipping boxes, and then move on to canvas bags to include in orders.

Anyone else have one? Does it work well?

3. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 30, 2010

I don't even know what a Yudu is.

4. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Oct 30, 2010

I just looked up Yudu. I can't wait to see what you print. It looks great and lots of fun.

5. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Oct 31, 2010

I've never used that or heard of it before but after looking it up myself I think it's so neat! I'm looking for one on Craigslist too now!

6. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Oct 31, 2010

Oh, I have always wanted one of those! Lucky YOU!

7. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Oct 31, 2010

I probably won't get to use it until next weekend-it's going to be a busy week. But I can't wait!

8. moonbeamsinajar

moonbeamsinajar Habitué

Nov 1, 2010

Let me know how it works. I don't know anyone who has one, so you can fill me in! Have fun!

9. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Nov 1, 2010

I want one of those. You find the best deals!!!

10. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Nov 1, 2010

Ha! Thanks, Miss Froggy. It was an evolutionary thought process. I want our logo on our shipping boxes-we use priority boxes from the post office which are wonderful, but they are just plain post office boxes when they arrive. I'd like for them to be a little more special. So I bought a bunch of supplies to make a stencil and was going to spray paint our logo. But dh claimed it would be too messy and would look cheap. Which is probably true. So then we thought screenprinting, and I called my friend who is an artist and asked if we could use her screenprinting table. But she is about 3 hours away, and we would need a LOT of time and space to do this project. So then I got on Craigslist to see if it wouldn't be cheaper to just buy our own table so we had it for other projects, and I found this. All in a matter of 24 hours, because when I have an idea, I work fast. We picked it up the next day!

Now I'm trying to brainstorm other things to print our logo on. I want to make some cute canvas book bags to include in large orders-any other ideas of things that would be useful to teachers?