Your Valentine's Day Plans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 3, 2011

I like Valentine's Day! It's a cute & fun holiday. So, what are your plans? I always get my guy something, which I don't yet know what to get him. He's surprising me w/ something. On top of that, we're going to an ice show on the 20th, which was my Jan b-day present from him.

Any plans guys? :)

3. scienceteach82

scienceteach82 Cohort

Feb 3, 2011

Just hanging out with babies. Maybe go for a walk if weather is ok...or zoo :)

4. midwestteacher

midwestteacher Cohort

Feb 3, 2011

Well, we found out last week that hubby is headed to Austria on the 13th for 8 days. I guess I will be spending V-day with my 11 year old and 13 year old.

5. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Feb 3, 2011

Since it is a 3 day weekend, and we have birthday shopping to do for both kids, need stuff at Costco and Winco, and are all craving the Atlantis Buffet, my husband and our two kids and I are headed to Reno for 2 days and one night. We're also planning on doing Toys R' Us, Cabela's, and Sheel's, and taking the kids bowling at the Grand Sierra. Nothing much, but it will be a fun weekend for all of us. Reno is only 3 hours away by car, which is nothing when you live in the middle of nowhere like us.

6. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 3, 2011

I'll be hanging out with my 7 yr old daughter.

7. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Feb 3, 2011

We like to honor V-day but not buy into all the overpriced flowers and meals. We won't be going out, but we have plans to go to the Melting Pot soon, so that will be in honor of V-day. We have a contest every year to see who can buy the other the corniest v-day gift. It's fun.

I will be at a conference in Hershey on actual V-Day so that will be fun! The smells of chocolate will be in the air! (Actually, they make MMs in my town, so it always smells like chocolate here).

8. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Feb 3, 2011

We will make heart shaped pizzas at home and watch a movie like we do every year.

9. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Feb 4, 2011

The closest thing I have to a valentine is my puppy. But I complete my Masters on Valentines Day! Thank you, God!

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 4, 2011

Cute!

Great V-Day present, congrats to you! I remember when I was a senior in HS, my parents got me a new car on V-Day. It was great!

11. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 4, 2011

I swear, sometimes you are me! My hubby is coming back from Switzerland today. We have to be related somehow...

12. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 4, 2011

Neither one of us is big into Valentine's Day. We'll probably stay in that night to avoid the crowds at nice places, and eat out some other time to celebrate. But we out fairly often anyway... We don't exchange presents since neither of us needs to candy, and flowers and balloons are a waste of money. If there's a good movie playing, we'll go see one sometime that weekend. Just a normal weekend for us!

13. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Feb 4, 2011

We almost never go out on V-day because of the crowds. We might go out the night before.

14. bondo

bondo Cohort

Feb 4, 2011

Going out with some other friends who do not have valetines this year. I am looking forward to a night out.

15. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Feb 4, 2011

We don't usually do anything. I'm not a "candy & flowers" kind of girl, and it's always HORRIBLE trying to get into any of the few restaurants in the area.

DH won't be around on Valentine's Day anyway.

16. Major

Major Connoisseur

Feb 4, 2011

On Valentine's Day we should be somewhere in southern New Mexico...... on our way to the Texas Hill Country....... It's time for a Texas "fix." God Bless Texas..........:):)

17. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 4, 2011

I think I am getting my hubby a couples massage, complete with champaign (yuck, but il give it a shot since its valentines), and chocolate covered strawberries. Its at a place about an hour away, but we never do anything like that, so what the heck!

18. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 5, 2011

You're getting your husband a city in Illinois? :lol:

19. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 5, 2011

just a card and dinner at home. We are going away in April that is our Vday and 1st anniversary gift to each other.

20. ecsmom

ecsmom Habitué

Feb 5, 2011

DH and I are both worn out on Monday evenings so it will be dinner at home and falling asleep on the sofa! :)

21. smalltowngal

Feb 5, 2011

Wow! That's the best Vday present ever!! :lol:

22. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Feb 5, 2011

I don't do Valentine's Day - seems kind of silly to me. But we're having a baby shower at work for a friend of mine, so that should be fun :)

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Feb 5, 2011

I just remembered! One of our puppy's birthdays is on Valentine's Day, so we always celebrate it with the dogs and get them gourmet treats.

24. kcjo13

kcjo13 Phenom

Feb 5, 2011

Dang predictive text...I CAN spell...

25. smalltowngal

Feb 5, 2011

You know there's a website for that. :p

26. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Feb 5, 2011

My hoosband's birthday is on Valentine's Day, so we'll do whatever he wants. :) I think he is just wanting to go out to a new place for dinner, maybe to Bobby Flay's restaurant or something. He's still deciding.

He'll take me out for our Valentine's Day date sometime before or after the actual day. I'm happy with a fun dinner and maybe a movie. I'm not to difficult to please. :lol:

27. webmistress

webmistress Devotee

Feb 5, 2011

No plans here, I'm not really into Valentine's Day.

28. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Feb 6, 2011

My birthday is two days before Valentine's day, so I love this holiday. But I mostly love it for the colors and the sentiment, not the gifts and hokey-ness. We're doing the Melting Pot for my birthday, so that's our big night out. Dh started a tradition of frozen pot pies when we were dating on V-day, so now I'm stuck with that on the night of. He was a smart one... I wanted to have a birthday party that Saturday night, but everyone is out of town. So the two people who are coming will be showered with chocolate and other desserts.

29. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 6, 2011

I like Valentines day. I don't think it's hokey at all...I love it in school with the kids...making valentines mailboxes and giving valentines to everyone...the kids take time picking the cards for each friend, practicing handwriting on the cards, attaching little chocolates or stickers to the envelopes. I make V day goodie bags for my students: a V day pencil, erasers, Little Debbie V Day snack, a few kisses and a homework pass (they LOVE the pass although many do not ever use it!) and who gets more chocolate than teachers?:wub:I usually melt mine down and make fondue for my family. We also do Secret Valentine at school...small gifts all week and the big 'reveal' on V Day...it's really fun trying to figure out who our secret Valentines are! And sneaking around trying to drop off treats without getting caught! I buy my own kids a valentines treat...usually a small chocolate heart box and a new shirt ( red!)...DH is a really good valentine. He's sent me flowers at school before...that's always cool...no matter how many times he does it, it's stll awesome. I don't like going out to dinner on V DAY...too crowded, not good service. We usually order out or cook together. Silk sheets , roses, champagne...need I say more?

30. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Feb 8, 2011

We have a teacher training that day (Monday) with a totally boring all-day training. Although we usually do not go out on Valentine's Day ( we pick another night due to crowds), I might need to go somewhere and do something after my yuck day at school.

31. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Feb 8, 2011

Thanks for the good words! Do I dare look for a car?! :lol:

32. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 9, 2011

Go for it scholarteacher! :thumb:

33. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

This is a great idea! How fun!

34. CandorWit

CandorWit Rookie

Feb 9, 2011

I plan on taking cupcakes to my son's pre-school class and hopefully getting away for dinner with the husband. But we might just go out over the weekend, which is a treat since we rarely get out. Though I'm really liking the heart shaped pizza idea, so maybe we'll do that instead.

35. nklauste

nklauste Comrade

Feb 9, 2011

My family is going to a Minnesota Timberwolves basketball game.

36. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Feb 9, 2011

Yeah, not a big fan of this holiday either. We recognize it, but on a very small scale.

37. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Feb 9, 2011

My kids started their milk carton mailboxes today. They are way into it. I especially love how the boys want to cut out paper hearts for decorating their boxes:hugs::love: