Your Summer List

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by StudentTeach, Jul 31, 2012.

1. StudentTeach

StudentTeach Comrade

Jul 31, 2012

As graduate school finishes up for the summer on Wednesday, I started thinking about all the things I wanted to accomplish this summer before heading back to school. School completely absorbed July, so I have until Aug 26 to get to the list! What's your list? Have you accomplished it? What do you still have left?

- Go to the BEACH/take a vacation! (going next week to my mom's condo at the Jersey Shore... phew!)
    - My doctor appointments that I try to do over the summer. This year I want to try a naturopathic doctor to help naturally with some of my ailments. Most importantly, a healthy immune system because I was sick almost the whole year last year.
    - Vacuum/deep clean the inside of my car. I got a dog in May... enough said.
    - Organize my closet and get it ready for work. I moved here in April and never organized my clothes... made it challenging to get ready for work!
    - Finish reading my "for fun" list: 1st Game of Thrones, Wild by Cheryl Strayed, and ones I haven't started yet!
    - Get into my walk/jog routine with the dog. It's been spotty.
    - Go out and have fun!

What's on your list?

3. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jul 31, 2012

* going camping this weekend,

* going camping next weekend,

*gotta go shopping for those trips.

* going to visit my mom the weekend after that,

* gotta take my youngest in for a sports physical and my son in to the orthopedic doc. ,

* going to help my sister move tomorrow.

* to finish my fist to five poster and my cafe reading strategies poster....
    I think that's it!

4. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jul 31, 2012

I had grad school all throughout work & the classes lasted my entire summer & a new one just started up. Now TOMORROW's my 1st day of work again! :mad:

I'm glad I had a chance to go on a few nice day trips to some cities about a little over an hour away. I only went to the movies 1x. I did get a good amount of shopping & dining out, that's for sure! I got new tires for my car & had to get my computer fixed, so those were unexpected expenses.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Jul 31, 2012

Where did you go Ms I?

So far the things on my list I've accomplished:
    beach days...have been on overnight beach trips twice already and going again this weekend with dh

Coaching academy...completed, loved it, can't wait to work with other teachers as a coach!

Bridal shower for son's fiancée

NYC days...went to 9-11 memorial, dinner at Battery Park

Time with my dh, parents, and sons...daily!:love:

Lots of cooking out, eating healthy, cool drinks on porch...daily!:D

Starting Couch to 5k..dh and I doing together...day 1 done!

Still on list:

Ceiling repair in kitchen due to a leak upstairs...dad coming over today and I'll work on it with him

Wallpaper bathroom...already picked up paper, started prepping walls this morning

Would love to paint foyer before sons wedding...might not get it done

Create 'kissing balls' for wedding gazebo, shop for centerpieces (cylinder vases with submerged flowers, glass marbles, and floating candles)

6. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 31, 2012

I went back to work yesterday. (I've been on vacation since May 11th.)

I didn't get ANY of my outside work accomplished this summer. I made the mistake of starting on the inside stuff, so when the heat wave hit I couldn't work outside. I also couldn't organize the garage. No air in there. I did have time to work on some crafts, and I also spent time with friends and my mom.

I did get a lot accomplished. I installed a lot of shelves and reorganized just about the entire house. I also finalized my divorce and went on a vacation with some friends from work.