Your Successes for the School Year

Discussion in 'General Education' started by DigitalDiva25, Apr 11, 2014.

1. DigitalDiva25

DigitalDiva25 Companion

Apr 11, 2014

What are two things that you have accomplished this year?

My successes:
    1. Being able to complete all required courses to keep my job, and it was truly a lot of work :eek:
    2. My club was quite successful and we won a couple of district competitions.

3. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Apr 11, 2014

1. looks like I get to keep my job, I had a good evaluation.
    2. I have learned soooo much this year, I can definitely use it next year. Overall I'm pretty happy how I chose and implemented my lessons (we have a lot of freedom), it worked out well. Classroom management was what I learned a lot about.

4. Go Blue!

Go Blue! Connoisseur

Apr 11, 2014

1. Wasn't fired.
    2. Didn't quit.

(Knock on wood with 39 days to go ...)

5. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 12, 2014

1) I actually tried a lot of new things this year:student-led conferences for the first time, monthly vocabulary celebrations, digital stories.

2) Professionally I started using Instagram and Twitter to follow other teachers-I learn so much from that!

6. iteachbx

iteachbx Enthusiast

Apr 12, 2014

1. Working collaboratively with a new co-teacher and we've developed a wonderful relationship that I think has benefited the students' character development in addition to their learning.

2. It's not official yet, but I've been nominated by my principal for tenure.

7. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Apr 12, 2014

Do you have a separate "teaching" Instagram account? I've been thinking about doing this because I don't really want all my personal pictures to be public, but I would love to follow other teachers...

1) Completing BTSA, the beginning teacher program in CA (almost! - 2 more weeks!) and clearing my credential (again, almost!)

2) Getting a new job at an AMAZING and innovative school in the area I've wanted to live in for years. So excited.

and because neither of these are about the kids in my current class I want to add this:

3) Implementing Daily 5, including student choice, effectively. I am pretty happy with how well that's gone this year.

8. Linguist92021

Linguist92021 Phenom

Apr 12, 2014

ooh, I forgot some important things:
    - getting my BTSA done in 1 year, so I'll have my credential cleared in May
    - taking 1 more workshop, and with that, my college Spanish class and PD I will have enough credits to bump me up to the next column for pay increase
    - learned enough Spanish in 3 months that now I feel comfortable enough to call parents and let them know in Spanish how their child is doing. (I will continue Spanish 2 in the fall)
    - made it through my first year (almost) without the typical new teacher woes: spending 12 hrs / day to plan and grade, be in the verge of crying or giving up, etc. None of that happened to me.

9. KinderCowgirl

KinderCowgirl Phenom

Apr 12, 2014

Yes-I don't even have a personal one-I'm not that exciting. ;) There are 1,000's of teachers on there to follow!

10. yellowdaisies

yellowdaisies Fanatic

Apr 12, 2014

Yeah my personal one is definitely not exciting, but I do have one. It mostly consists of pictures of Disneyland and my cats. :lol: Maybe I shouldn't be so worried about people seeing it, haha!

11. ready2learn

ready2learn Comrade

Apr 12, 2014

1. I have one class that is made up of a large majority of students with IEPs. I am very proud of the successes I see daily out of this group and I know that I am giving them a great education to help them grow.

2. I have taken more of a leadership role in my school. I am excited about the doors and opportunities that will bring about.

12. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Apr 12, 2014

1. I have done a better job teaching phonics this year and I feel like my students' reading and writing skills reflect this

2. Done more 'hands on' exploration in science and social studies

13. mr_post22

mr_post22 Companion

Apr 13, 2014

1. Getting acclimated to a new school and new curriculum
    2. My geometry students got the highest semester average in the county!