Your Spring Break Plans?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Teachling

Teachling Groupie

Mar 14, 2013

Well, I think I'm mostly done with organizing & gathering paperwork for taxes/finances. It seems the majority of my spring breaks, I'm stuck doing this. My goal is for this to be the last time I have to do it during this time of year. As far as anything else, last weekend we went to a basketball game @ TCU and then to a friends house to meet up with a friend. I've met with a friend a couple of times this week for some shopping. I plan on meeting with another friend today and maybe do some window shopping.

So while my spring break hasn't been very exciting, I'm still grateful for the break.

2. Peregrin5

Peregrin5 Maven

Mar 14, 2013

Road trip two states up, hopefully making it to Seattle.

3. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 15, 2013

Still waiting for mine! It can't come soon enough LOL

4. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 15, 2013

I guess NOT catching up on grading as I had planned--I forgot that progress reports go out the last day before break! There may be a few late nights next week...

5. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 15, 2013

I'm in my second straight year of spring break ...... someone has to do it.....:p

6. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 15, 2013

I wish I was on a permanenet spring break!

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Mar 15, 2013

Ours is the week after Easter. On Monday we will be doing a college visit for my son (He's a junior, time to start checking out colleges). Thursday-Sat. I'll be at a conference. My hubby has told me that I need to organize the basement. I'm pretty sure that I won't be teaching kindergarten next year, my P & I have already talked about that. Just not for sure yet what I'll be doing, but a lot of my kindergarten stuff will be coming home.

8. teacherintexas

teacherintexas Maven

Mar 15, 2013

I'm chaperoning for my coach hubby at girls' state. I'm going to go shopping for a bit when the moms are here though. Otherwise, sitting in bleachers are a bit much for ten to eleven hours!

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 15, 2013

I still have a week until my spring break. Will be spending it out of town having a garage sale at the house we are trying to sell. Daughter is graduating and we don't need that house anymore since we have moved back home and bought our retirement home here.

Anyone want to buy a house near the beach? :whistle:

Glad to see you major :hugs:

10. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Mar 16, 2013

5 more teaching days until spring break! Then I am off to visit my sisters for the week.

11. Poodle15

Poodle15 Companion

Mar 16, 2013

I'm working! :) Tutoring and admin (my work study job) doesn't get spring break off at my college. ;) But I love it so I don't mind. You all sound like you're going to be having fun!

12. stephenpe

stephenpe Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2013

Colonoscopy then maybe Weeki Wachi springs or Legoland.
    After that clean the garage and river house for the family reunion.

13. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 16, 2013

Thanks swansong1 ... good to see you too. :hugs:

We have been buying some FL investment properties recently.. (and no... none are in any Florida swamps ..LOL) ... Don't remember what part of FL you are from........

So if you like PM me about which beach your home is located... Thanks .....

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 18, 2013

I know a wk goes by super fast, so I'm trying to spend every minute constructively, although I'll still relax & try to have a little fun.

Today (Mon.) - I was planning to attend this work at home mtg tonight to see what it was about, but I know by the time the time it comes, I won't feel like going, but I'll go.

I washed some dishes, did laundry & listened to 2 grad class lectures. I need to read as much of this chapter in my text & take the quiz to get it over with!

15. TeachingHistory

TeachingHistory Companion

Mar 18, 2013

Planning the last seven days of my LTS as long as the date doesn't change....again.... and sleeping.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 24, 2013

Well, sadly, my spring break week is coming to a close. Monday, the 25th is a staff dev day, so I return on Tues, but overall, I had a nice break! I got to eaet some good food, which to me, is 1/2 the fun of it!

So, I have no more holidays until I'm out for the summer. It will either drag OR zip by.

17. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Mar 24, 2013

I've still got one more week before break. We have snow in the forecast. I might not work tomorrow if the snow comes.

18. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2013

I think I've started Spring Break right... Breakfast, beach, lunch, nap, dinner, read, sleep, repeat. I have some sewing, some (fun) school work, and a lot of lounging around to do.

(Major! I missed you!)

19. Major

Major Connoisseur

Mar 25, 2013

Thanks... We've been doing a lot of the same things (breakfast, beach, lunch, nap, dinner, read, sleep, repeat) ... except of the sewing bit ......

(Of course my "spring break" runs January thru December... :lol:)

20. OhThePlaces

OhThePlaces Cohort

Mar 25, 2013

Spring break for me has officially started! Woohoo!

This weekend was nasty and rainy. I stayed inside reading, watching movies and playing with my husband and two preschoolers all weekend. Yesterday (Sunday) we deep cleaned our bedroom, then went out and bought new bedding and a lamp for my nightstand.

Today (Monday) I'm meeting a teacher friend at the zoo. We have young kids the same age who love to play together.

I'm also planning to take my kids to the movies this week to see The Croods. We're going out of town to visit family for Easter. I'm so happy to have a week off!

21. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Mar 25, 2013

Today I'm going to attempt to make my dog a doggy backpack! :)

22. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 25, 2013

Today's my LAST day of mine...noooooooooooo! :mad:

I've got some things to do, but I'm going to have my last bit of fun & plan to watch a couple of movies too: Olympus Has Fallen & Dark Skies.

23. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Mar 25, 2013

We had company in all weekend, and still do, in fact, so I'm at a bookstore working on a paper for grad school. (Clearly, if I'm posting on here, it's going well...) Today, we'll get lunch and maybe play some board games this afternoon. Tomorrow, Wednesday, and Thursday, I have drama practice for the school play. At some point this week, I need to take three animals to the vet, and my car to the shop to get repaired. I also need to fix my dryer, and clean out my junk room/office. I hope to plan ahead for the next two weeks of school so I'll be ahead and not have anything to plan the two weeks before the play. I do plan to do some relaxing: mani/pedi, catching up on my DVR, etc. I have a gift card to the movies, so I'll likely go see something at some point.

24. TamiJ

TamiJ Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2013

It's official, we are renting a beach house for 3 nights (we leave this Sunday). It has a pool and Jacuzzi and the house is gorgeous. So excited to get to the beach!

25. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Mar 25, 2013

Sounds awesome, Tami!

I'm pretending today is a snow day instead of the first official day of spring break. I'm dealing better with the nasty weather that way...

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 16, 2015

It's NOW 2015!

I assume people are starting to be on spring break any wk from today through the 2nd wk of April.

What's everyone doing this time? :)

27. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Mar 16, 2015

We're the 2nd week of April.

28. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Maven

Mar 16, 2015

We get out for spring break on April 2nd and go back April 13.

29. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Mar 16, 2015

I'm done this Fri. No big plans this year. It's spring break at the theme parks so we don't plan on going there! I upgraded my Nook ereader and lots of books downloaded from Barnes and Noble so I think I will just relax.

30. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Mar 16, 2015

My son & daughter, both college students are on spring break now. DS is in Memphis with a Discipleship group & DD is home working.

My spring break isn't until April. I'll visit DS on Easter and then come back home & put my basement back together from when we had the house re-piped.

31. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Mar 16, 2015

I host Easter here at our home. We have a fabulous brunch planned.

During that week I'll be headed into NYC with a couple of my college gals for a Broadway play and stay overnight.

Maybe a day at the shore.

32. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Mar 16, 2015

Not for two weeks, but I will see friends, read and relax, and then visit my youngest in Chicago for a few days!

33. blazer

blazer Connoisseur

Mar 17, 2015

2 weeks in Chicago starting on the 28th March.

Had an email of a pal last night as we shall be meeting him in a bar called 'Boston Blackies' for a few adult beverages. Looks like they do a lot of craft beers!

34. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Mar 20, 2015

Spring break is this week. I have started some spring cleaning, caught up on some reading, worked on the honeymoon cruise scrapbook, and now I am watching March Madness!