Your LAST cop stop! What happened?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Rebel1, Jun 1, 2013.

1. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

Well!
    Mine was a school bus blinking yellow light which cop seemed to have a problem of knowing which color is which...
    According to him, "Well! I checked my car recording there is no blinking red light, but you should have stopped. The car behind you stopped." I was thinking, "They stopped because they saw your tired a$$!"
    He then had the nerve to give me a ticket which stated that I disregarded a BLINKING RED LIGHT. He told me that there was no blinking red light. I called him TA because he could not tell the difference of a red and yellow light! It was early in the morning, end of the month, and the question, Is he trying to make quota?; came to mind. He was slow of speech, and yawning with that dreaded line, "License and insurance card."
    Rebel1

3. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

About ten years ago.

I needed to get home for lady reasons (seriously) so I chose to speed. Wrong and I know it, but... :)

I was doing around 40 in a 20...but it's so ridiculous that twenty was still the speed limit there. It was set at twenty because the short street was once home to a school. I even got extra ticketing because it was in a school zone. Even though there is no school there!!!

4. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

Just Me... a girl in college told me she told the cop that and he let her go with a warning...LOL!!!

Rebel...did you fight the ticket?

*Knock on wood* no ticket. Was in a car with cousin who was bringing me home. Gave her ticket for turning on red. FYI...if you are past the cross walk...you need to clear the intersection...which is where we were...so we fought the ticket and won. Luckily my cousin was driving, other cousin in the front and me in the back... Cop asked what does yellow mean? Cousin Caution clear the way. Cop No it means stop. Not good to say when 2 of us were in driver's training and had the book...LOL!!!!

5. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

I was pulled over in September for going right on red at an intersection where it isn't allowed. I had just started a new part-time job, and I was driving down a road I'd only been on a few times previously. It was night- no traffic, and I didn't even see the sign. I was going UNDER the speed limit, so I was confused! He let me off.

6. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

I went before the due date to see what could be done; time off work without pay, and I could not do it again on the due date SO I opted for paying part of the ticket and going to the driving class, and it won't be on my record. I still wrote a letter about it. I would have loved to stand there with that TA cop and state what I thought about his ticket.
    Rebel1

7. kpa1b2

kpa1b2 Aficionado

Jun 1, 2013

My last ticket was several years ago for failure to yield. I was stopped at a red light to make a Michigan left. No one was next to me, I was relatively close to the curb so that I could turn into the near lane. The traffic was clear to my right so I started to go when I heard this crunch. I looked in my review mirror & saw nobody. Looked ahead, a car a crept between me & the curb & I had hit it. I got the ticket for failure to yield. I tried to fight it. I only need to be 50% responsible. Nope, didn't work. Insurance went up.

8. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Jun 1, 2013

What does that mean?

I was stopped about five years ago because I had a headlight out. He let me off with a warning.

9. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Jun 1, 2013

The last time I was pulled over was a gun point by three cop cars on a rural road because my car matched the description of one used in an armed robbery nearby a few hours prior to that. It was the day before Christmas break, so I had on antlers, a cheesy sweater, and jingle bell earrings. They searched my car, I shared my candy canes with them, we all had a good laugh, and I went on my merry way. My mom had taught two of them in middle school, and they told me to tell her hello.

10. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

^ That's crazy but a great story!

11. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

The most recent time was while my esposo was driving. It was a traffic stop and they were randomly pulling over cars. My esposo gives the cop his license and registration. Turns out he was missing the "marchamo" papers which is to prove you paid tax on the car. We had the sticker, but not the papers (we were driving his sister's car).

The cop said "this is supposed to be a fine, you know" But let us off because my esposo and the cop had almost THE SAME NAME! Similar to this:

Esposo: Antonio Solis Hernandez
    Cop: Antonio Solis Fernandez

:lol:

12. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 1, 2013

I've only been pulled over twice since I started driving in 1986.

The first time I was diving my mom's car. Small town. Flashy car. The officer had a subpoena for Mom because she witnessed a robbery. They thought I was her when they saw her car. He apologized for freaking me out. I was young.

The last time I was speeding. I normally drive like an old person, so I've taken a lot of ribbing for it. I had just gotten my new truck, which had a much bigger engine than my car. I was on a familiar road, and I quickly learned that flooring it like I had to do in my old car was way too fast in the truck. The officer changed it some so I avoided traffic school or points on my license. I just paid the ticket by mail.

13. chebrutta

chebrutta Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2013

Um, it wasn't technically a stop. It was about 10 years ago, in college. Stopped at a red light. Cop pulled up next to me with lights on and motioned for me to roll down the window, then yelled at me to slow down. Turned off her lights and left when the light turned green.

It was weird.

14. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

Haha.

15. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

I was pulled over about 15 years ago. I was driving my mini van home from class one night. It was my turn to drive, so my classmate was in the passenger seat. I had tinted window--dh's attempt to make a mini van cool. I was doing 65 in a 60. I saw the cop had someone pulled over then jump in his car. He pulled behind me. I moved over when he turned on his lights, assuming he was going after someone else. I was shocked when he followed me. He approached my car with his hand on his gun, and was extremely rude. He demanded to know where I was going so fast. He didn't give me a written warning, but a verbal scolding. I went home and told dh. He asked me to describe the uniform. He became suspicious when I said the car old and had a boxy light bar. He called the police. There was no report of the stop. The cop wasn't wearing Tacoma's uniform. Two weeks later he was caught impersonating a cop to rape unsuspecting women. If my friend wasn't with me, I would've been a victim.

16. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

Crazy!

17. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

Terp how scary... did you save someone else though?

18. MissScrimmage

MissScrimmage Aficionado

Jun 1, 2013

I was in a 70 (km/hr) zone and saw the sign ahead indicating that a 100 zone was coming up. I started to accelerate and was pulled over just before the 100 sign technically going 93 in a 70 zone. I received a ticket ("Sorry ma'am, but I have to give you a ticket") and learned not to accelerate before the speed zone changes!! The ticket value was equivalent to 1 month's rent!

19. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Jun 1, 2013

A couple of years ago when I had first moved to my last location I ran into a light that started flashing yellow after a certain time of night. I'd never lived in a rural area before and had never seen lights do that. My friend was with me and I asked her if I was supposed to stop, and she said she thought it was treated as a four way stop. So I stopped...there was a cop car on the other side of the street just sitting there. When I saw he wasn't going to go I finally turned on to my road. I got pulled over for suspicion of a DUI because I had "hesitated" at the light. I hadn't had a thing to drink but I was still terrified! I had to get out of the car and do all of the little tests like following the finger with my eyes and walking in a straight line. Of course he let me go, but the whole experience was still very scary.

20. John Lee

John Lee Groupie

Jun 1, 2013

It wasn't my last stop, but a friendly piece of advice: I clip my school badge somewhere on my dash. I used to do this as just a quirky habit, but I have had occasion where the cop asks me if I'm a teacher... and I've been let off. So I do it now whenever I remember.

The only problem is that it tends to excessively sun bleach your ID... so I use ones from last year.

21. monsieurteacher

monsieurteacher Aficionado

Jun 1, 2013

I got off one time speeding on my way to work at an after school program, because the police officer found out I was headed to an inner city school for the after school program.

I've been pulled over many times, as I have a tendency to speed. I remember once I had a really bad cold and needed some apple juice. There was a convenience store just down the street, maybe four or five houses down. I would usually walk, but I was sick and it was cold outside, so I wanted to drive. I couldn't find my wallet for the life of me, and wouldn't you know there was a road block set up RIGHT before the driveway to the convenience store. Of course I was asked for license and registration, and told him I didn't know where they were, but that I lived "right there!" (pointing at the house). He asked if I had reported my wallet missing, and I said no because it was likely somewhere in my room (it was) eventually he let me go and get my apple juice.

22. terptoteacher

terptoteacher Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

I was too afraid to go into the station, cuz I thought there was a chance he was a real cop. I stupidly thought that if I went in and he was a real cop then I would cause him to get into trouble. But dh did alert them that there was someone impersonating so they were on the look out.

23. ChristyF

ChristyF Moderator

Jun 1, 2013

I have a tendancy to speed, so I've been pulled over a few times. (It's been about 5 years or so since my last time.) I've learned to be the inbetween person. Faster than the slow ones, but not quite as fast as the speed demons. :D I've only gotten two tickets. One at 18 and one about 7 years ago. He was the grandfather of a student I had taught. I had trouble with her mom. He told me I should be setting a better example and he gave me a ticket. I deserved it. I was speeding and didn't try to talk him out of it. He really enjoyed giving it to me, though.

24. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jun 1, 2013

I was on my bike. I ran a stop sign. On a bike path. I was pulled over by a bike cop. He told me not to run any more stop signs.

No, I don't live in Mr. Roger's Neighborhood.

25. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Jun 1, 2013

My husband was pulled over on his bicycle by the DOT. We were glad to see they had nothing better to do with their time! :eek:

26. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Jun 1, 2013

I had a friend pulled over by police for exceeding the speed limit on his roller blades. He was doing 35 in a 20.

27. Mr.history

Mr.history Cohort

Jun 1, 2013

I got pulled over for not wearing a seat belt once. When the cop pulled me over I had just stopped at a stop sign and began driving again. I was scared when he turned around that he was going to tell me I did a rolling stop. Luckily it was just the seat belt(less than $20). Not sure why I didn't have it on that day, I'm usually pretty good about wearing it.

28. Missy

Missy Aficionado

Jun 1, 2013

Last time I was stopped was about five years ago, due to a taillight being out. I just got a warning.

29. emmalyne

emmalyne Rookie

Jun 1, 2013

I was speeding 50 on a 40 street. Cop pulled me over and once he saw that I was the only one in the car, he said he would give me a warning and not to do it again.

30. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

TA is for Tired A$$. He was so tired that he did not remember that he told me that he did not see a blinking red light on his car camera, BUT he put on the ticket, DISREGARDING A BLINKING RED LIGHT.
    Rebel1

31. Rebel1

Rebel1 Connoisseur

Jun 1, 2013

I got away without a speeding ticket once, by saying, "See that low income Preschool right there? I work there, and the children are waiting for me right now because I am running late." They let me go, BUT it was weird because they were asking, "What's with the license plate, (an obnoxious one) and the scar? ( 5 1/2 inch one on my one of my arms.) I was so tempted to say something stupid, BUT I was concerned about getting away without a ticket.:)

32. bison

bison Habitué

Jun 2, 2013

I've only been pulled over once. It was totally my fault. It was dark out and the cop was going faster than I thought. I cut him off by making a left turn onto the street he was on. I thought I had way more time. I still blame the fact that I had just been arguing with BF (can't remember why) and was upset, because I'm normally a pretty cautious driver. I instantly started crying and apologizing when he asked if I knew what I did. I was so scared and I couldn't help it! He looked so uncomfortable and let me off with a warning. :lol:

33. Lisabobisa

Lisabobisa Companion

Jun 2, 2013

Last summer I was pulled over for speeding. As soon as I rolled down the window I burst into tears because I had just done an interview, my car broke down on the way to the interview, I had to wait an hour for my mom to come rescue me, and had to reschedule that interview an hour later. He still gave me a ticket. Later that night, I was DD for a group of people, and I got pulled over AGAIN for "speeding" (I still don't think the speed limit was what he said) and got yet another ticket. I'm pretty sure I was only pulled over because he thought I was drunk.... I was followed from the bar. Luckily I wasn't.