Your Favorite Talk Show(s)?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Aug 5, 2008.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 5, 2008

What talk shows do you watch?

I like shows that have a combination of fun topics as well as serious ones...but not stupid, nonsense ones like Jerry Springer. I have to admit, I like the Tyra Banks Show. She's a year older than me and her topics really pertain to a person of my age & gender in today's world.
    Depending on what the topic's about, I'll watch Oprah. I watch Dr. Phil sometimes. I never watch the late night shows.

3. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 5, 2008

I can't watch Tyra because she's just too full of herself. I've even slowed down on watching ANTM because of it.

I like Maury, but only when he does the paternity tests, so like 4 out of every 5 shows. :lol:

Depending on the topic, I'll watch Dr. Phil. I really only like the scandalous episodes where people are fighting, having affairs, whatever.

My real guilty TV pleasure, at least in regards to daytime viewing, is Court TV, now called In Session, I think. I love Lisa Bloom and Jack Ford!

4. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Aug 5, 2008

I watch Regis and Kelly and usually Dr. Phil and Oprah. I love when Oprah has Dr. Oz on.

5. Lareigna

Lareigna Companion

Aug 5, 2008

I watch Rachel Ray. She has good topics and very good recipes. Yum!

6. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2008

I am a reformed talk show junkie. Now I rarely watch t.v. Sometimes I can sit through Oprah or Dr. Phil. I am going to admit it, but I used to watch Springer when he first was on t.v. almost 12 years ago. Now. Are you kidding? When I "surf" past it, it's like taking a look at what's happening in our society and it scares me to death.

7. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Aug 6, 2008

Ellen.

8. LMath85

LMath85 Companion

Aug 6, 2008

Ellen & Regis - thats about all I can do

9. MissWull

MissWull Cohort

Aug 6, 2008

I don't watch talk shows anymore. I used to watch them when Ricki Lake and Sally Jesse were around...not anymore! I can't stand Oprah, Ellen, or Tyra...ugh.

10. Irishdave

Irishdave Enthusiast

Aug 6, 2008

I'm with you

But A to Z is my talk show :lol:

11. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 6, 2008

I like Ellen and Oprah. Actually, I love Ellen. My mother likes Ellen as well but "can't" watch her show because she is a lesbian. Same goes for Rosie's former show...Mom knew she was probably homosexual and she would always say, "I just hope she never comes out because then I can't watch her show." HOW MESSED UP IS THAT?! You either like the person and their show or not...if you enjoyed them before, you should still enjoy them "after". Sorry...that was off-topic!

I do NOT like any of those "scandalous" talk shows, and I cannot tolerate Tyra's show or Rachel Ray's. And even Ellen and Oprah, I certainly don't watch them every single day, but it is nice to catch them when I can.

One of my favorite shows is The Soup because it points out all the absurdities on television, includsing talk shows.

12. dodobird

dodobird Rookie

Aug 6, 2008

I watch Ellen every once in a while. I don't like Oprah or Dr. Phil. My new favorite talk show is The Steve Wilkos show. He used to be a body guard on Jerry Springer. His show is not like Jerry's. He brings people on there and confronts them about their issues. He will get in their faces! I love him.