Your favorite Android apps?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Pisces_Fish, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Pisces_Fish

Pisces_Fish Fanatic

Jul 28, 2011

I have two favorites because I use them together and they work seamlessly as one. The first one is Handcent, a texting app that is super-customizable. I loooove it. The other app I use along with it is called Swiftkey. It's nothing more than a keyboard, but it predicts words with incredible accuracy. I tried Swype but I couldn't get used to it. What apps do you love?

3. Learner4Life

Learner4Life Cohort

Jul 28, 2011

ANGRY BIRDS!!!!! hahahaha

4. HWilson

HWilson Comrade

Jul 28, 2011

sigh .... Angry Birds .... Im so addicted. My husband and I play Angry Birds, Angry Birds Seasons, and Angry Birds Rio .... I need a support group I think!!! :lol:

I also LOVE the white and yellow pages app. I am forever using it to get a number, address, and /or directions!!!

And of course FB ...

5. etcetera83

etcetera83 Cohort

Jul 28, 2011

I am forever turning my phone to vibrate and then forgetting to turn the volume back up. My solution - Shush! You set a timer for when you want the volume back up and it does it automatically!

I also like the Bible app with different versions.

Ooooh and Shazam! It identifies a song and the artist when you hold it to music!

6. massteacher

massteacher Companion

Jul 30, 2011

I use: FB, Pandora, angry birds, and an app that has a cute little monster that eats candy..very similar to Angry Birds. I also have an app that will video record. The quality isn't very good but it's handy to be able to record my daughter at various events that she has on the fly!

7. tb71

tb71 Cohort

Jul 30, 2011

My favorite right now is jogtracker. I just started jogging in the last few weeks, this app keeps track of each run, time and distance. I actually feel like I'm accomplishing something.

8. hatima

hatima Devotee

Jul 30, 2011

Angry Birds and Angry Birds Rio...and likely any other Angry Bird game. I have the first two on my Nook Color.

9. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Jul 31, 2011

Radar Now - weather.

Tasker - automates everything on your phone.

10. myKroom

myKroom Habitué

Jul 31, 2011

:wub: Angry Birds!!!
    HD Wallpapers has TONS of cool wallpapers!
    My new addiction is Fruit Slice.

11. silverspoon65

silverspoon65 Enthusiast

Jul 31, 2011

I just got a widget called "Call Mom." You can set it for your mom or anyone else, and you can set the # of days up to 10 and it will give you a little gauge as to how many days it has been since you called the person and it turns yellow then red as you get closer to the limit you set. I am horrible at keeping up with some of my friends and even though I stay in touch with my mom pretty well, I can still go a week without talking to her if I have a crazy week.

12. sjnkate

sjnkate Rookie

Aug 1, 2011

I need to get this app! I am horrible at remembering to call people.

13. KLily21

KLily21 Companion

Aug 2, 2011

Edmodo! Edmodo is a "secure social learning network for teachers and students". You and your students can set up Edmodo accounts and the android app notifies you when students post to the secure group you set up for your class.

I also love the To Do List app. I'm always making lists. This app allows you to make one on your phone. Very easy to use!

Oh, and Facebook :)

14. ~mrs.m~

~mrs.m~ Comrade

Aug 2, 2011

Words with Friends

15. hatima

hatima Devotee

Feb 11, 2012

I just got a smartphone, still like angry birds, but also unicorn dash and burn the rope.

16. bros

bros Phenom

Feb 13, 2012

Try Soundhound - it's good for identifying those songs on the radio you have no idea what they are, or those songs that are stuck in your head

17. bison

bison Habitué

Feb 13, 2012

Oh gosh, I have a bunch. I use ColorNote as kind of a post-it replacement, a Flashlight app that doesn't seem to have a name other than Flashlight (GREAT for finding things in the dark), Yelp, Jewels Deluxe or Solitaire for when I'm bored, Dictionary.com, Wikipedia, Google Translator, NPR News, Dolphin Browser (replacement for the default browser)... I could go on! I tend to switch out my games every few months to whatever is free at the moment that can keep me busy when I needed. I tried Angry Birds but never got into it. I used to have a Sudoku app as well but it didn't get challenging enough.

18. teach'ntx

teach'ntx Comrade

Feb 14, 2012

The ones I use the most are My Fitness Pal and C25K. I am using this to track what I eat as well as I am trying to start jogging and using C25K (use Pandora while I attempt jogging :) ). I also just started using Run Keeper to track how long I walk with my neighbors. We have started walking around the street while the kids are playing (versus just sitting there - not sure why we did not start earlier).