Your Dream Room

Discussion in 'Art Teachers' started by Securis, Aug 27, 2009.

1. Securis

Securis Cohort

Aug 27, 2009

I'm out of time to offer what I think is ideal but I'll come back later. I think the title says it plain. What is your ideal Art Room and What is in it?

3. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Aug 27, 2009

Not to brag, but I think this year I've finally created my very own dream room. All my cabinets are on wheels and I feel wonderfully creative and refreshed this year.

I'm very much so looking forward to this year.

4. Securis

Securis Cohort

Aug 27, 2009

My ideal room is about 20'x30' with 10' ceilings and recessed lighting. There are at least two walk-in closets for materials and miscellaneous storage. My room would have at least one large window if not three large windows with an interesting view. Then there would a be a separate door to an outdoor portion to the classroom, at least 10'x20' of space with a cover to keep rain off.

Other than storage furniture and a dream list of equipment, that's about it. I've always, always wanted an outdoor portion to my classroom.

5. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Aug 27, 2009

The outdoor portion would be amazing! glass ceilings so you could go out and use it!

I loved my highschool art room and think it would be an amazing space to teach in with a few changes. It was orginally the shop room. so the space is HUGE! One side was for one class and in the middle was a big storage closet with sinks. Then the other side of the room. In the center was an open window office where the teachers desks were. When you walked in the room there were stairs to a loft that was a drafting class. and the steps could lead down to the other side of the room. There was a wall just of cubbards and lots of locker cubbards with LOTS of counters. Back in behind the office/under the loft was a bathroom and more storage with access to a display case.

I've always wanted a big enough space to have a couch/chairs with books..a little reading nook of artists, history all kinds of stuff. If I taught highschool.

I'd want chalk boards intead of dry erase boards. I hate drawing on dry erase boards.

A large kiln directly attached in the space somehow.

Nice big windows for fresh air and natural light.

Easel space!

Can you tell I've always seen myself teaching middle/highschool. lol my dream room is geared towards that age.

Cement floors. None of this carpert/tile business!

ok..my in my dreams rant is done. Now off to post a really annoying message! lol

6. NJArt

NJArt Comrade

Aug 27, 2009

the size of my room is good, but I wish I had a wall of closed storage! a large supply closet, and multiple sinks. :)

7. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Aug 27, 2009

Ok with more thought I've decided, I would love my sink to be different, and to have more than one. I would love to get rid of the stupid sensor sink, and replace it with a two handled sink.

I would also love to have a sitting area, with a large blank wall for putting up work to talk about.

8. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Aug 28, 2009

along the sink lines...sinks not in the corner of the walls. It just works so much better for flow of cleanup when there isn't a dead end at the end of the sink.

9. Securis

Securis Cohort

Aug 29, 2009

Totally agreed. Two sinks are better.