Your Christmas Plans!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 26, 2012

So, I work 11 days & attend a 1-day training before I'm off for 18 days for Christmas. I'm also free from grad courses from 12/8 - 1/13!

VEGAS the 26th - 29th !!! I'm flying, not driving.
    Boyfriend's birthday is on NYD, so we'll do something fun
    Visit with parents a couple of times
    Get together with a couple of friends, hopefully go to Magic Mountain with one of them
    Go to the movies & rent them
    Need to go to the gym
    TB test the 1st week of Jan
    Shouldn't have any work from work to do!

This isn't during the break, but I like going to the Harvest Arts & Crafts Festival every yr.

3. lucybelle

lucybelle Connoisseur

Nov 26, 2012

Christmas dinner will definitely be at my novio's grandma's house. It will be interesting since my novio's mom currently hates the grandmother. Hoping for a Christmas miracle here! :)

And everything else I don't know. My novio's schedule during Christmas and NYE is always really busy. He might be working Christmas eve, day, and day after. And probably through NYE too. So we have to wait and see. If he's off we'll go to his sister's place near the beach to party hardy! ;)

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

I know Christmas morning will be at the house, then we'll probably drive down to my in laws' house. We'll get together with my sister sometime close to Christmas.

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Nov 26, 2012

Always go to my Mom's on Christmas eve.

Not sure of Christmas day. This is the first time I have been at my own house for Christmas. We went to my grandmother's until I was 22. Spent the next few years at my parents' house. Once I met my husband, we went to his parents 'house. Not sure what I'll do. Might go to the movies. I've never done that.

Might go shopping after Christmas.

6. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 26, 2012

Well, I would like to go to Vegas with Ms. I but she forgot to invite me so ;) I'm not sure what I'm doing yet. In the next few weeks I will talk to my sister and mom and see what they want to do. My MIL usually cooks a Christmas Eve dinner so that's a definite.

7. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

Dinner on Christmas Day will be here--probably just the 4 of us, my mom and my mother-in-law. Boxing Day, we'll go to my sister's. The kids will be spending lots of time with friends-- Lauren wants to go snowboarding "every day" and we'll go to Niagara Falls for some outlet shopping if the weather is good.

8. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

Sister does Christmas Eve Dinner
    Mom does Christmas Day brunch...desserts at my house.
    On the weekend after the holiday, we'll go to BIL's house for Holday celebration with inlaws...4 hours away so we'll stay over.
    Usually nice dinner out with DH for New Years Eve...
    Lots of family time...that's what's important to us.:love:

9. brigidy

brigidy Comrade

Nov 26, 2012

I will be with my family watching A Christmas Story over and over and over.

10. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 26, 2012

Sure, why not, there's nothing wrong with the movies!

Ha! Sure, come along & I'll come along the next time you go someplace. ;)

I always seem to watch the movie Jingle All the Way every Christmas...1x though.

11. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Nov 26, 2012

Of course!! I can't wait to watch it.

12. smalltowngal

Nov 26, 2012

There are some good movies coming out Christmas Day from the previews that I've seen.

I've always wanted to travel over Christmas, but I think family would be a bit upset.

13. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

Is this your school's schedule or just your schedule? That's A LOT of days off!:woot:

14. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Nov 26, 2012

I have 19 days off for my break (counting the weekends). But I also started school in July!

My husband and I will celebrate alone, or invite a few single airman over. He gets a week off, either Christmas or New Year's. I'm kind of hoping he gets New Year's off, because our anniversary is the 30th.

15. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Nov 26, 2012

Well, we do get a week in February...except this year we're only taking Monday thru Wednesday off...Thursday and Friday that week will be school days to make up days lost to Hurricane Sandy.

16. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Nov 26, 2012

I'm going back to my home state..staying with my family for a little over a week and my best friend (lives a few hours from where grew up) for a few days after that. My mom is having surgery the week before Christmas, so my dad and I are completely in charge of Christmas dinner. Neither of us really cook beyond the basics, so it's going to be interesting, but should be fun!

My last day of school before break is thursday dec. 20th and I don't go back until Jan. 7th!

17. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Nov 27, 2012

Yep, can't not go to the movies for a whole 2+ weeks! I love traveling during the holidays. I'm an only child & my parents & I haven't seen either sides of my family in a few years. The relatives on my mom's side pretty much each do their own thing.

This is MINE! However, some other SLPs work less than 5 days/week too, but they're much older & normally have retired & just working again to keep themselves busy or whatever the reason.

18. dr.gator

dr.gator Comrade

Dec 14, 2012

I am going to Nashville, Tennessee to see the Grand Ole Opry! Got my tickets in the mail the other day. So excited. Three more days of work and I leave a week from this Sunday!

19. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Dec 14, 2012

One more day of work for me! I'm excited-I've been extremely busy the last few weeks with winter concerts and musical theatre performances. It's been fun, but I'm ready for a break!

20. smalltowngal

Dec 14, 2012

Far~you might have posted this earlier in this thread, but are y'all staying down there or flying to see family?

21. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Dec 15, 2012

A few days before Christmas we celebrate with DH's aunt, uncle and cousins and immediate family

Christmas Eve mass and dinner with my family

Christmas Day - morning just the 3 of us and then dinner with my DH's other aunts, uncles, grandparents and cousins and immediate family

I am on maternity leave so we are preparing for baby #2 to arrive in Jan!

22. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Dec 15, 2012

Church Christmas program for the kiddos tomorrow night.

Work half day on the 19th, then return to work on Jan 2.

Kids' last day is the 20th (my new furniture is supposed to come this day.)

We'll have an ornament/appetizer party on the 23rd. It will be my family, and my SIL's family at her house. It started as a way for my family to be with my stepkids, but now that they're practically grown (18 & 19), it's just another get together.

Dinner & gifts at my MIL's on Christmas Eve. Then off to my SIL's (hubby's sis) for dinner & gifts, round 2 on Christmas Eve.

Christmas morning at our house with the kiddos, orange juliennes and blueberry muffins :)

Christmas Day at my parent's for gifts and dinner.

NYE game party with friends and family; usually at my house, not sure yet about this year.

23. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Dec 15, 2012

We're staying here. We don't have a lot of time left before we go home or move somewhere else, so I'd rather save money and stay here. I have a lot of things I need to plan during the break also.

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 15, 2012

The agenda so far when I go to Vegas:

Day 1

Drive via rental car...was going to fly. Staying at the MGM Grand.
    Go to some various hotels & see what's new before I can check into my hotel.
    See Bellagio Botanical Gardens
    First night dinner buffet at the Bellagio...I heard they're one of the better buffets.
    I'll stay away from the shopping malls this day since it will be the 26th & madness.

Day 2

Nice breakfast
    Explore off the strip some to the outlet mall(s)
    Titanic exhibit at the Luxor
    Maybe explore other hotels
    Nice dinner
    Cirque Ka show

Day 3

Go to Fashion show mall & more shopping areas on the strip
    Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay...I've been, but BF hasn't
    Buffet dinner at the Wynn...heard that was a better one too
    Michael Jackson impersonator show

Day 4

Maybe breakfast buffet...BF's a big breakfast person, I'm not
    Maybe go to the big M&M's store
    Maybe BF will gamble a little...I don't gamble
    Start the drive back by late afternoon

Anyone know any must-do's OFF THE STRIP? I wanted to venture off the strip more than I have in the past. I don't care to visit Fremont street or Hoover Dam.

25. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Dec 15, 2012

AMK!!! Congrats on baby #2:). How is baby #1 doing?

26. YoungTeacherGuy

YoungTeacherGuy Phenom

Dec 16, 2012

I will actually be celebrating Christmas three times:

Christmas Eve: @ my house. My brother has to work, BF is working all evening, and sister/BIL/nephew aren't flying here for the holidays this year. Anyway, I'll be cooking a nice dinner for my parents.

Christmas Day: Brother has the day off & BF has to work (again), so we'll be celebrating at my parents' house (gifts/brunch).

Day after Christmas: BF is finally off, so we'll be having our own little Christmas together at our house! We'll also have to venture to his parents' house at some point that day, too (they only live about an hour away).