Your Bedspread/Comforter - do you change it out?

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Jan 10, 2009.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2009

I have a dear friend who changes all the comforters in her home according to 2 seasons!

OUCH! Mine stays on year-round...it is a deep satin burgundy with black swirls/flowers.

How about you?

3. 'Lizbeth

'Lizbeth Rookie

Jan 10, 2009

I love these bedding threads!! :D I don't change my comforter according to seasons as much as I change them based on my mood. I have a bedspread and a comforter with 2 different duvet covers that will change the look of my comforter. I usually leave my down comforter on my bed during the winter, but if I get tired of it I will change it up. I am lucky I live in CA where it gets cold, but not as cold as some other places. I have too many sheet sets and I love to put new sheets on my bed. I bought some great bedding stuff when Linens-N-Things and Mervyn's went out of business. My family refuses to buy me any new bedding because they say I have more than enough bedding for 10 people! I don't have quite that much.....yet.... :lol:

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jan 10, 2009

I have had the same quilt on my bed for several years now. I keep thinking I'd like a new one, but I can't find another I like as well! We're in CA too, so in the winter we put a knitted afghan over the top and use flannel sheets, and we're plenty warm.

5. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Jan 10, 2009

I have one that has stayed on my bed for 5 years and going. I don't like it anymore but it's too overwhelming to pick my next choice so I don't. I do have another one that was on the bed previously that covers the bed when we are washing our regular one.

6. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Jan 10, 2009

I have had the same one for 3 years or so now. It is a quilt and I love it. I occassionally think about getting something new, but I love it!

7. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 10, 2009

Same one but has 2 sides... Oooh now that's living!!!

8. elizak83

elizak83 Companion

Jan 10, 2009

Ok...I'm a weirdo..I buy a new one every 3 months. I'm rather bitter about my most recent choice..it's 2 months in and part of it is ripping??? (It's different sections of microfiber and satin...the part where the sections are sewn is ripping.) Normally my comforters last...I just get bored and like a change:)

9. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 10, 2009

I have a comforter and two quilts that I change out when the mood strikes me. I have cats, so anything on my bed needs to be washed at least every two weeks. I usually take one off and change everthing at that time. I don't have a bedskirt, since my bed is so high off the floor it would look funny, so that makes it much easier to completely change sets.

10. Blue

Blue Aficionado

Jan 10, 2009

I change it based upon the level of warmth needed. I have light ones and heavy ones. I do have lots of quilts as my whole family likes to spend the night--and we have people sleeping everywhere. They all love to have a quilt or two.

11. mmswm

mmswm Moderator

Jan 10, 2009

Now, I only mentioned the quilts that are part of my bedsets :D.

I love to make quilts, so I have quite a few of them, which is wierd considering where I live. I'm actually working on one off and on recently that's supposed to be a scene of playing children made out of scraps from various projects and outgrown, but not worn out clothes of my boys. I have it all cut out and some of it pinned together, but progress is SLOW.

12. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jan 10, 2009

You're going to laugh, but we actually have a horse trophy blanket that is so warm. It was never used on a horse, straight from plastic to people. I used for fball games in HS... Let me tell you they are so durable & WARM!!! :D

13. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Jan 11, 2009

I have duvet and duvet covers. I have 2 duvets, one for winter and one for summer; and a bunch of duvet covers. I try to change duvet covers once a month, so there's like seasonal theme. For example, since it's january I have like snowflakes duvet covers, sheets, and pillow covers all matches... feburary, since it's kinda like spring, it's like green or spring colors, and so on.. Yes hard to believe i'm a guy! But it's nice to have clean sheets...!

14. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jan 11, 2009

15. lemonhead

lemonhead Aficionado

Jan 11, 2009

I don't change mine unless I redecorate

16. cMcD

cMcD Groupie

Jan 11, 2009

Mine stays year round until I get tired of it and buy a new one.

17. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Jan 11, 2009

I don't change the bedspread, but we do have two sets of sheets: flannel and regular. The flannel come on during the cold months so we can cut down on the heating bill (just a bit!).