Your Back to School shopping

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by czacza, Aug 12, 2013.

1. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

3. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

So far I've gotten a couple of pairs of pants and a few shirts. I need more pants though. I've lost some weight and all my pants aren't fitting!

4. Caesar753

Caesar753 Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

I went on a pretty major online spending spree for new clothes. I had to get a whole bunch of new clothes for this upcoming school year (no way around that, unfortunately), and was happy that most of what I bought was on sale.

I just checked my order status and it still shows up as "On order", even though I placed the order like 11 days ago. Hmm.... That's no good! School starts in a week! They better hurry up and ship my stuff, otherwise I'll be going to school in yoga pants.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 12, 2013

I bought almost a whole new fall wardrobe! Nothing I wore last fall fits (and I've gotten rid of it all), so things needed to be replaced. While I was buying, I decided to create a new style for myself and am really taking things up a notch. I always dressed professionally, but was pretty dependent on my black pants and open cardis. Now, my closet has patterned tops, fitted jackets, skirts and dresses!

6. amakaye

amakaye Enthusiast

Aug 12, 2013

I went shopping with a friend last week. We hit the mall and the outlet mall (where we usually do quite well!) but were very unsuccessful. I bought one white sweater. I didn't want to spend a lot, but I did want a few fun new pieces...

7. geoteacher

geoteacher Habitué

Aug 12, 2013

I am always on the lookout for new tops. I definitely need to buy some pants - both full length and cropped.

8. sue35

sue35 Habitué

Aug 12, 2013

I LOVE both of these!

9. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Aug 12, 2013

Love the boots!

I have bought several skirts and tops and a few Capri pants. I also bought two pairs of sandals.

10. karebear76

karebear76 Habitué

Aug 12, 2013

I got a few things to make a coordinated outfit from Old Navy: patterned scarf, coral cardigan, navy belt; as well as a denim jacket to pair with several things I already have.

I bought a dress and 2 camis at Christopher & Banks. Picked up a pair of shoes, then I got 2 pairs of corduroy pants and a knit top.

This weekend was very painful on the wallet. Outfitted 2 kids for school, including supplies, as well as my own shopping above.

11. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Aug 12, 2013

I have shoes similar to the pumps.

I bought all new pants and a couple of dresses. I bought all new pants last year, too. Thanks to prednisone, I needed new BIGGER pants. Ugh.

12. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 12, 2013

I'm in the middle of doing some last shopping today through Wed! I'm really into makeup these days.

13. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Aug 13, 2013

We have our house on the market and I've been preoccupied with that, but yesterday I ordered a few things. I hope these fit; I love them: http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/ashland_bubble/26067753
    I picked up a few tees, and I found two lightweight cardigans at Costco for $12.99 each. I really need to focus on pants, which is its own kind of torture. Oh, and Kohls is having their lingerie sale, so I got two bras.

14. orangetea

orangetea Connoisseur

Aug 13, 2013

I bought some new dresses, scarves, and some new shoes. :)

15. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2013

MrsC~I'm hoping to do that as well with my style as I buy new pieces throughout the year.

16. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Aug 13, 2013

It's quite an empowering feeling, stg!

17. TeacherNY

TeacherNY Phenom

Aug 13, 2013

Yes, for me too. There is no way around getting new clothes because I lost some weight and right now all my old clothes (although in good condition) make me look like a bag lady.
    I have been saving up since my birthday and am going on a huge shopping spree the week before school starts. Maybe I can lose a few more pounds by then? Did you gain or lose weight? I told my hubby no way I am ever buying bigger clothes unless i get pregnant :woot:

Ooops, I just realized it was rude to ask if you gained weight LOL Unless you are pregnant!

18. Cicero

Cicero Companion

Aug 13, 2013

I went searching to replace my favorite pair of heels (2 years old, they were retired last spring after so much use) and found a pair in my size, new with box on ebay :) I was so happy. They weren't outrageously priced either!

19. waterfall

waterfall Maven

Aug 15, 2013

I'm going shoe shopping today and probably replacing some of my make up. I bought a light sweater and scarf that I saw on sale a couple of weeks ago, but I'm trying to hold off on the clothes for right now. Since it's a new school I'm going to get a feel for how everyone dresses first. I'm in a pretty casual city and in the past I've found that I was WAY overdressed for school compared to everyone else.