You never know when it will happen...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Teacher2Be123, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

Feb 23, 2011

I just wanted to post to give those teachers still looking for jobs hope. It has been a crazy year for me. In the fall I accepted a full time special ed. classroom aide position because I wasn't sure how much I would be subbing (come to find out this was a good choice because a lot of my teacher friends were getting called once every 2 weeks at most!).

I was told that I interviewed great and they wished they had a classroom that they could put me in, but at that time none were open. However they were planning on opening at least 1 more by February (I work with a non-profit agency that works with preschoolers with disabilities) and that classroom would be mine.

Fast forward to November, and they open a new classroom..do I get it? Nope, I was upset but took it as "maybe this is for the better" and dealt with my "upset-ness." Now in December I found out that a teacher was going out for medical leave for about 2 1/2 months and I would be taking over her classroom, no big deal..they didn't know how long she would be out, but I finally have my own room (kind of!).

While I was in this classroom they opened 2 more classrooms (both of which they apparently knew about before I took this medical leave..) which kind of upset me again, because now at this time I had no clue what was going on with me when the teacher I was subbing for came back.

3 weeks ago my supervisor came in to tell me the teacher I was covering for would be returning on 2/28 and asked if I would like to know where that put me (well duh yea I want to know!!). He proceeded to tell me that I was getting my own classroom!!!!!!! I went and met my kids last Friday, and I start with them Monday. I have 9 kids, 3 are nonverbal (I assume no verbal language at all but I'm hearing conflicting things) and 3 have major meltdowns. The rest of the teaching team I am going to be with seems amazing and they have had a very rough year with the way the old special education teacher was.

So this is a "keep your head up, sometimes things don't work out when you want or need them to, but eventually they will work out for the best" message for everyone who is still job searching.

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Feb 23, 2011

Congratulations! I'm glad to hear everything worked out for you!

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Feb 23, 2011

Congrats!

5. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Feb 23, 2011

That's awesome! So glad to hear it!

6. piggy2009

piggy2009 Rookie

Feb 23, 2011

you're lucky. congrats in having your own classroom

7. rookieteacher:)

rookieteacher:) Companion

Feb 23, 2011

Thank you for sharing. I am in the hunt right now and LOVE hearing positive stories! :)

8. math1abee

math1abee Companion

Feb 24, 2011

Congrats! You are a great example of a positive attitude and that good things come to people with patience!

9. Teacher2Be123

Teacher2Be123 Companion

Feb 24, 2011

Thanks everyone! I know that it can be really hard but I think everyone needs some positive vibes. So good luck to everyone who is still looking!!