yoga

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by maggiedoodle, May 14, 2007.

1. maggiedoodle

maggiedoodle Rookie

May 14, 2007

I'm off to my very first yoga class...and feeling a little nervous! I'm not always the most coordinated person, but I'm going with a friend. I think it'll be good! Anyone else do yoga or pilates? I have dabbled in both in the privacy of my home...I'm quite apprehensive about doing it in front of others!!!!

3. Emma35

Emma35 Connoisseur

May 14, 2007

I have taken many Yoga/Pilates classes and really love them!!!!! Don't worry about doing it front of others, it seems like everyone is so concerned about doing it right for themselves that they don't have time to watch others. And I don't really care if someone sees me, I have long since worried about what other people think in these situations. Have fun and enjoy it!

4. Miss Kirby

Miss Kirby Fanatic

May 14, 2007

I loved yoga! It was so fun. It was on Wednesday nights and Wednesdays are my hardest days so it got me refreshed for the rest of the week! We got a new yoga instructor who was not as great as the old one. Now the class is cancelled and there is only Wednesday at 4:15, which is pretty impossible for me, and Saturdays at 8, which is way too early on a weekend!!

5. maggiedoodle

maggiedoodle Rookie

May 15, 2007

I LOVED it...it was so relaxing. I'm still a bit self-conscious, but I think this might help me overcome it. Like you said, emma35, everyone's so busy concentrating on themselves, they aren't looking around. It was wonderful!!! I hope you can find a new class Miss Kirby!