Yipee! It's Party Time, so why am I so blah?!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by TeacherSandra, Dec 19, 2008.

1. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2008

Today was our last day! Yay!! I came home and took a much-needed 2 hour nap! :eek:

As I write this, it still hasn't sunk in...no school til January 2009; so why am I feeling blah?

How are you feeling?

3. old-new teacher

old-new teacher Comrade

Dec 19, 2008

Same as you...exhausted! 2 weeks of MUCH needed rest for me!

4. tracykaliski

tracykaliski Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2008

Pretty blah here too. It just doesn't feel like anything other than time off from school, you know?

Be kind to yourself, though.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Dec 19, 2008

Exhausted! It's 8:00pm and I can barely keep my eyes open. The big glass of red wine I poured with dinner is almost finished, then I think i'll tuck myself into bed, read a few pages of my book and then sleep. My usual routine is to be at the grocery store by 7:30 Saturday morning, but I think I may push that back tomorrow--no one will starve if I don't go to the store until later ( and after the storm we had today, it may take some time to get shovelled out!)

6. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2008

Thanks, Tracy. :hugs:

7. peggy27

peggy27 Cohort

Dec 19, 2008

I am tired! We had a snow storm hit the last hour of school. took me almost 2 hours to get home, 30 miles. I am so excited to sleep late , clean my house, and do my Christmas stuff!! It can snow all it wants now!!

8. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 19, 2008

I'm exhausted. It was a rough week (with admin and parents, not kids). I was counting the minutes - patiently. Haha. We did crafts all day yesterday and some today. I came home and got in bed with my sudoku, then sent my son out to pick up something to eat. All I need now is some nice silence until I go to bed. I am so tired of talking! (Especially saying things over and over again .....)

9. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 19, 2008

I came home and also took a nap. I'm tired and out of it. On top of that, I have a cold, so I'm feeling pretty tired and exhausted. I think I'll feel better tomorrow.

10. loveforquantum

loveforquantum Rookie

Dec 19, 2008

*sigh

It still feels like i'll be in school on monday. I know it's over, but it doesnt feel like it because we didn't have that day before christmas break and do nothing.

Whoo! snowday today!

but yeah, it still feels like i'll be in work and that i have a lot of stuff that needs to be done. perhaps it'll set in later.
    For you too!

11. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Dec 19, 2008

I think it is called Post Tramatic Stress syndrome. :lol: I am tired all the way to my toes. I came in, took a long hard nap, and am now about to go jump into bed. I haven't been this tired since the first week of school. :yawn: :dizzy:

12. Hoot Owl

Hoot Owl Aficionado

Dec 19, 2008

We were able to leave at ll:00, I had big plans on going to Barnes and Noble and spending the afternoon there... well, I kinda got sidetracked or more like sideswiped into cleaning and throwing away stuff. I made the mistake of looking at the new coffee cups I'd received yesterday and thought, where in the heck are these going to go? Well, that started it all. I started on the west side of the kitchen cabinets and started cleaning and chunking. I've taken a few breaks, but I'm sure glad I managed to get so much accomplished. I'll be especially glad tomorrow when I know I have one of the worst chores for my time off taken care of. Oh... my closets are next... bummer, I'll worry about it tomorrow!

13. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 19, 2008

I'm feeling blah, too. I get to spend 2 full weeks with my hubby that bugs the crap out of me most of the time. I don't know what is better... my classroom full of preschoolers or coming home to 2 kids (daughter and hubby).

I do feel like I need a good nap, too.

14. Major

Major Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2008

Relax ... people....... Relax... :p:p:p

15. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 19, 2008

Who has time to relax? I need to do laundry and clean house. Gotta get the place ready for dad's side of the family coming over Monday night. I think I counted 20 of us being here.

16. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 19, 2008

I'm feeling WONDERFUL! My last day of work was yesterday & my last day of college classes was Monday. I'm FREEEE! I was out all day today getting an oil change for my car & shopping a little.

17. Major

Major Connoisseur

Dec 19, 2008

Forget about the laundry and house cleaning....... When they come over Monday night...... give each one a chore.......:p:p:p

18. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Dec 19, 2008

:lol::lol::lol::lol: I just watched the Bush Family Elves video. Too cute!

19. TeacherSandra

TeacherSandra Enthusiast

Dec 19, 2008

:wub: :rofl:

20. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Dec 20, 2008

I woke up fixated on a problem with my principal and it's still bugging me. I don't even have a tree up and if it wasn't for the poinsettias I brought home from school, there would be decorations at all. I just can't get into the work of it. I never in a million years thought I would be the bah humbug type!

21. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Dec 20, 2008

Well, let's just start my break with a stomach virus. Whoopie do. I sent 2 home puking Thursday. Guess I got it from them. Here's hoping it is just a 24 hour thing.

22. Major

Major Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2008

YOu definitely are NOT the bah humbug type Upsadaisy......:hugs:

Major..........:)

23. deedee

deedee Connoisseur

Dec 20, 2008

Thats how I am feeling this year- usually I love this time of year. This year I cant wait for it to be over !

24. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 21, 2008

Oh no, that's too bad. Time off is the worse time to be sick. At least when you're sick during work days, you still have to work, unless you decide to stay home, but when you've got time off to be free, who wants to be sick & in bed then?!

Feel better soon!

25. Teacher_Lyn

Teacher_Lyn Companion

Dec 21, 2008

I feel blah, but I think it's because I still live at home with my parents and my Mom is retired, so that means I will get no time to myself at home and even though I love Mom dearly, sometimes i like to have time to myself at the house when it's quiet and I can relax and be as loud and all over the place as I want to.

Also, my Mom makes it hard for me to diet because wheneever I am off, she likes to go out to eat (IHOP, Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc).

So, again, though I like spending time with Mom, I'm kinda feeling blah. Plus this is the first Christmas in five years I haven't spent with my fiance. We've broken up and he claims he wants to still be friends but he never calls me. So YAY

26. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Dec 21, 2008

In a thread you started, I mentioned how alike we are. Now that you post this, we're alike again! My dad's retired, so he's always home & if he does go out, it's not for long, so I don't get the house to myself that much.

My parents eat really, really healthy, which I know I should be that way too, but I'm not as healthy an eater as them. It's hard to be able to eat what I want w/ them around, especially my mom. It's a pain to go grocery shopping w/ her because she has something to say about everything I want to get & I'm picking fairly healthy items, but it's still not healthy enough for her. That's why I go alone & get what I want!