Yikes

Discussion in 'General Education' started by giraffe326, Mar 25, 2009.

1. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2009

So, yesterday morning, 15 minutes after the bell rang, the top person with new teachers (my mentor's supervisor's supervisor- she is in charge of the whole county) popped into my room (unannounced to me) and sat in for an hour (until my kids went to specials). It was math, I was sick and the server went down, so my Activboard lesson also froze. Combine everything (nerves, sickness and stress) and I froze. It was AWFUL. She is coming by next week to talk about it.
    This is seriously stressing me out because we were informed yesterday that 3 teachers will definitely be cut from my school. I feel it will be me.
    I just want to know why she came in MY room. It was obviously not a good thing- there are 4 'probationary' teachers on our staff, and one is outstanding (our P brags on her all the time).
    :(:unsure: I just want to cry........

3. nayelismom

nayelismom Rookie

Mar 25, 2009

Sometimes we think it's worse than it really was.

Relax.

4. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2009

I'm sorry, giraffe. It probably wasn't as bad as you thought that it was.

5. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Mar 25, 2009

I agree with the others...you are always harder on yourself than others are. :hugs: Try not to worry about it.

6. Crzy_ArtTeacher

Crzy_ArtTeacher Comrade

Mar 26, 2009

Agreed about the above posts. Just take a deep breath and understand that your supervisor is human too and realizes that we all have those kinds of days.

7. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Mar 26, 2009

I echo what the others have said. Most of the time we think we do worse than we really did. And she should realize that the lesson changed because of the frozen Activboard.

8. scholarteacher

scholarteacher Connoisseur

Mar 26, 2009

Same here! She know you can't help it that technology went awry! Hang in there! We all feel that way sometimes!

9. Maryhf

Maryhf Connoisseur

Mar 26, 2009

I hope this supervisor has teaching experience. If so, she will understand that sometimes lessons do not go as expected. How did you cope with the unexpected? That is more important than whether everything went as planned. Keep us posted.

10. McKennaL

McKennaL Groupie

Mar 26, 2009

:yeahthat:

11. Samothrace

Samothrace Cohort

Mar 26, 2009

And invite her back. If you know you are better than how things went, invite her back to a lesson you might be really excited about. all mentor teachers know we are human and all have one of those days where everything we plan backfires.

12. giraffe326

giraffe326 Virtuoso

Mar 26, 2009

I moved to the regular white board and started over with another example. I was thrown off and did not have it together well, mostly due to being nervous. As soon as the server came back up, I went back to the Activboard and things got much better. I STRETCHED things WAY out and tied a lot of prior skills together. It went better after the computers began working, but the middle was simply awful!

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Mar 26, 2009

It's not your fault the technololgy froze, so there should be nothing to worry about. Now if you're let go because of this one lesson, that's really unfair & I'd worry about working at a school who operated in that manner.