Yesterday was our last day

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by MissFroggy, Jun 14, 2008.

1. MissFroggy

MissFroggy Aficionado

Jun 14, 2008

And I bawled like a baby!

This has been my best year. I have been able to do so much with this group and they have learned more and gone further than any other class I had. They were so eager and ready to learn. (Most of them, I had a couple of heel-draggers.) I'm sad that I won't have this group again, but looking forward to next year.

The parents made me the most beautiful book. It's one of those hard-bound books you can make online. We did the play "A Midsummer Night's Dream" this year and I lost all the photos when my hard drive crashed. I asked parents to give me any they had on a CD and didn't get any- now I know why! (They gave me CD's with the book.)

It was so beautiful. I wanted to make a similar book with the class and never had time. I couldn't have asked for a better gift. The moment I saw it I burst into tears!!! (I have been extra emotional lately though, and have cried a lot for various reasons, so I think I am extra-hormonal or something.) It was totally what I wanted and didn't know I needed or would get!

Anyway, I'm sad it's over but looking forward to a new group next year.

3. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2008

Congratulations on such a successful year! Sounds like the parents and kids loved you as much as you loved them. I also get sad at the end of the year but, like you said, look forward to next year too. HAPPY SUMMER!

4. Deb06

Deb06 Companion

Jun 14, 2008

I know how you feel. This was my first year of teaching third grade and I had such an excellent group of kids. Our last two days of school were canceled due to flooding, so I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to them. =( Such a sad end to the year, haha.

5. Pooh42

Pooh42 Companion

Jun 15, 2008

Wow!!

It sounds like you had great support and parent involvement!!!:)