YES!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by buck8teacher, Jul 17, 2008.

1. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

I'm finally finished with three of my big summer projects, monthly spelling contracts, STAR binders, and my writing binders! :) Doing the happy dance as we speak! :)

Now I'm just waiting on my school order to come in to put my writing binders together. The students need to bring their binder and pouch to open house for their STAR....to put them together, but their folders and sleeves are ready to go! SO excited! :)

Just had to share. Anyone else finish a big project lately. It feels so good, hopefully the hard work now will mean a little more relaxation this year!

3. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Jul 17, 2008

buck, what is in your writing binder? I just organized things so far... I won't be touching any teaching stuff until Aug. 2nd. I only have 6 weeks of summer holidays and I want a little break:).

4. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

I'll take some pictures and post them. I got a lot of ideas from Amanda Madden's site. I've just been get a lot of things together on my tutoring days, since I have three appointments....I'm there all day.

5. trayums

trayums Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2008

That's terrific. You must be very motivated. I have a list and have yet to start it-- I have tons of things on it from everyone on the boards...Congrats. on getting so much done!!!!!!!!

6. Jem

Jem Aficionado

Jul 17, 2008

HOORAY, buck8teacher! I'm in the middle of so many projects, my head is spinning. I need to make book basket labels, work on standards, write my lessons, create my bulletin board decorations, put together my room, blah, blah, blah. Where to start???

7. Teacher Chele

Teacher Chele Habitué

Jul 17, 2008

It does feel great to finish a big project. I know it will be wonderful for your students.

8. runnerss

runnerss Comrade

Jul 17, 2008

Oh I am so jealous!!! I am at a new school and I am at a stand still. I still need to do my class web page, learn my new curriculm, make at least 3 power points, and that is just the beginning!!

9. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 17, 2008

Can I have the link to Amanda Maddens website? Im having a hard time getting to it for some reason

10. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

http://teacherweb.com/SC/bells/madden/hf5.stm
    That is the link to her writer's workshop binders.

I'm going on vacation a few weeks before school starts, so I'm trying to get a lot done now. Plus we have a brand new reading series, that I'm sure will take up a lot of my time next year. It feels so good to check things off my "Ideas for Next Year" list. I started a folder in my documents in March!

11. INteacher

INteacher Aficionado

Jul 17, 2008

Okay - now that you are done, how about hopping over a state and helping me with my list of projects :) I can not seem to get focused enough to make progress :( Hey, but I have lots of great stuff from Vistaprint :lol:

12. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

I just realized that I'll be on vacation in less than two weeks and school starts up right after almost. So that fear motivated me just get it done already! :)

13. nc3teacher

nc3teacher Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

Buck8teacher

Can I see a copy of your monthly spelling contracts? I really want to mix the smelling up this year!

14. COMrs.S

COMrs.S Rookie

Jul 17, 2008

FROG Binders

I finished my frog binders today!!!! For all 20 of my kids! I was so lucky to get the really nice binders for 92 cents at Walmart! :) I also made my newsletter template, my homework packet cover sheet and designed my behavior system. Whew!!! I know I have so much more work to do. :D

Last edited: Jul 17, 2008
  15. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 17, 2008

http://www.box.net/shared/9vxkiztsgo
    There you go!

16. WaterfallLady

WaterfallLady Enthusiast

Jul 17, 2008

If you really want to mix the SMELLING up, move to middle school! :lol:

There are a lot of other great ideas too if you google spelling contracts.

17. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2008

I like your spelling contracts buck!!! :) Do you give them one unit each week? How does your spelling work? My kids have one unit each week with 14 words and 4 challenge words.

And CONGRATS on finishing the stuff! I am very proud of you. Are you going on vacation to NJ??? I could use some help over here:) hehe

18. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 18, 2008

Hey friend! We just got a new spelling program, but they get a list of 20 words to study a week, so I just run the contract on the back of their list of words. This is where they write their words in cursive three times each. That is five points. Then they have to earn ten more points from the activities listed on the back. The more challenging activities are worth ten, so some might only do two spelling assignments, where so do three. I get tired of seeing the same homework each week, so I tried to switch up the activities as much as possible! Of course May is just all about fun! :)

I'm not vacationing in NJ, I'll be in South Carolina!! Woohoo!

19. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Jul 18, 2008

Hi friend to you too! :)

That's a good idea to run the contract on the back. I like that idea better than my stupid packets from the book. The kids hate them and I hate grading them. :) I might pick your brain for activities if I decide to go with that:D

Yay for vacationing in SC, even though I'd rather you were here helping me! lol

20. buck8teacher

buck8teacher Devotee

Jul 19, 2008

Yeah, as long as my kiddos get their 15 points, and their stories aren't totally awful....they get their full 6 points. I just hated seeing a kid's pretest and a parent's test come in every week. I did it that way for half of the year, and the kids really liked it. Jem's spelling section had a lot of great ideas, and this handbook was helpful too....http://www.mrsgoldsclass.com/FilingCabinet2.htm
    It's under Spelling Choice handbook.

Only three weeks, actually less than that, until the beach! Woohoo! :)