Yearly Unit Plans... Format?

Discussion in 'Fifth Grade' started by BreezyGirl, Jun 22, 2015.

1. BreezyGirl

BreezyGirl Companion

Jun 22, 2015

Hello Grade 5 Teachers...

I just accepted a 5/6 position for this fall. I have been subbing for awhile in Canada... Short term and longer term.

I can write detailed lesson plans, but wondering if anyone has a preference for a yearly unit plan layout? I don't have to follow a school specific one.

Thanks so much!

3. RainStorm

RainStorm Phenom

Jun 22, 2015

In the US, we call that a pacing guide, and it is an essential document in addition to your daily/weekly lesson plans.

4. BreezyGirl

BreezyGirl Companion

Jun 22, 2015

It's so different here than in the states. I will be at an independent school so I need to keep a yearly overview. I don't have to stick with it totally as things change.

5. MrsC

MrsC Multitudinous

Jun 22, 2015

We need to submit long-range plans--what we intend to teach and when during the year in each subject area. It can be "fluid"--what I actually do rarely matches what I set out at the beginning of the year. My district has posted some sample templates; I'll see if I can find them and send them to you.

6. agdamity

agdamity Fanatic

Jun 22, 2015

I make a calendar and put the topic and standard number for each day. Obviously, it is fluid and changes according to student needs, but it helps me know if I'm about where I should be. Formal pacing guides are provided by my district, so that's always my starting point.