Yearbook Signing

Discussion in 'General Education' started by PCdiva, Jun 14, 2011.

1. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jun 14, 2011

Its that time of year again....when hundreds of students will come to the library to get my "autograph" ....anyone have any favorite sayings they write or would write in elementary yearbooks? I don't want to write the same thing for every student, and some students I don't know close enough to write a reallly personalized message.

Thanks!

3. Sarge

Sarge Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2011

Dream out loud.

Infinity is a great place to start.

4. Mrs. K.

Mrs. K. Enthusiast

Jun 14, 2011

Wherever you go, go with all your heart--Confucius.

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Jun 15, 2011

Own it & you will!

You can only go up from here!

Sky's the limit...don't limit yourself!

You've got the potential so dream big!

Speaking of yearbooks, I've never had the opportunity as a teacher to write in a student's yearbook.
    I was on the yearbook staff myself when I was a HS sr.
    I have all MY yearbooks every yr from K through college undergrad.
    :)

6. applecore

applecore Devotee

Jun 15, 2011

Keep reading! (I teach 3rd grade...)

But next year I'm getting a signature stamp like our P and a few other teachers---totally saves on time for the ones I don't know very well. But I'll add sentiments to those I do :)

7. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 15, 2011

Reading takes you places

8. Born2beTeacher

Born2beTeacher Rookie

Jun 15, 2011

"Dare to Dream" "Dream. Believe. Achieve."

I usually don't write personalized messages in my students' yearbooks, but if I know they are going on a vacation, I might write a little message such as "Enjoy your trip to...", or simply "Have a great summer".

I teach high school, so for my senior students, I usually tell them how pleasant it has been teaching them, and wish them the best at their post secondary school/job

9. carlea

carlea Comrade

Jun 15, 2011

I use this too! This year especially I also try to make a personal comment since I had many of these students in 4th grade too.

10. PCdiva

PCdiva Connoisseur

Jun 15, 2011

Thanks everyone!

The stamp is a good idea, I was thinking of pre printing labels(like the 30 on a page stickers) with generic messages and my name in script...there just isn't enough time in the day when they are coming around.

One of the schools i used to work in put all the 5th grade yearbooks in the faculty room with the students names pre printed on the inside...the teacher had about 3 days to sign them before they were given to the kids...this was good bc then we weren't bombarded while we were trying to teach!

11. Aussiegirl

Aussiegirl Habitué

Jun 16, 2011

Thanks for all the great ideas! I always struggle with this and try to make my message as personal as possible for my current year students. We have a special awards day for our 8th graders and part of the perks for being 8th graders is that they get their yearbooks a little earlier than the other students )about 1 hour earlier. They congregate in the cafeteria, sign our books, their books - grand old time. Then for approximately 45 minutes at the end of the day, the kids from 6th and 7th get to roam the halls getting signatures as do the 8th graders. The teachers are all in the halls and admin, clerks, etc. roam the halls to keep things under control. The school literary magazine is handed out the same day and that has room for autographs, so even if a child hasn't purchased a yearbook, they have something their friends/teachers can sign. This is the second year we've done this and it works out well. This is done on a Friday and we only had 1.5 days of school left so it wasn't a big interference.