Yeah!!!!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out Archives' started by DizneeTeachR, Jun 12, 2003.

1. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 12, 2003

:D I got the job as a first grade teacher in the fall!!!! I am so EXCITED!!!! The school is about 2 miles away!!!! Just wanted to Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes for me!!!!!:D

Diznee

3. Amanda

Amanda Administrator Staff Member

Jun 12, 2003

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting! :D

4. clarnet73

clarnet73 Moderator

Jun 12, 2003

congrats! :)

5. Margo

Margo Devotee

Jun 12, 2003

That is wonderful news. I know it is like a big weight has been lifted off your shoulders. All the best to you.

6. hillsidefogo

hillsidefogo Companion

Jun 12, 2003

Congratulations! Grade one is a wonderful grade to teach. your excitment reminds me of when I got my first job, it was so exciting!
    Dawn

7. Upsadaisy

Upsadaisy Moderator

Jun 12, 2003

Great news! Best of luck to you.

8. Cindy

Cindy Companion

Jun 12, 2003

Congratulations!!! That is my dream job, however I live in a state that in the past three years have laid of 500 teachers. I can't wait until it's my turn! Best of luck!

9. SpecialPreskoo

SpecialPreskoo Moderator

Jun 12, 2003

WAY TO GO!!!!!! I know you are excited!!!! Have a great rest of the summer and a GREAT FIRST YEAR TEACHING!!!!

Lori

10. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 13, 2003

Thanks!!!! Now I will be on here looking for ideas.

Cindy, I was in the same boat as you....luckily the school I got hired at offered early retirement and 5 teachers took it... I think is basically the only district in the area actually hiring. Keep looking....

The school had a millage pass last year, so they will be painting and then I'll be able to get into my classroom!!!! I can't wait!!!

Thanks again
    Diznee

11. mommaruthie

mommaruthie Aficionado

Jun 13, 2003

I am moving up

Hey girlie, congrats,
    as i make the move up in grade, i am also moving to a new home, let me know if you want my scraps.... I will be purging my folders and such to maintain my file cabinets. There will be much resources if youre interested let me know and i will send you a box. Ruth

12. Lanie

Lanie Cohort

Jun 13, 2003

Diznee

Just had to let you know I think it's fantastic that you got the 1st grade job!!!!! I'm sure you will love it! You can't have come to a better place to get suggestions, lessons, resources, etc. There are great people on this site & tons of valuable stuff! (You know that already though, you're one of them!)

Once again, congratulations!!!!!
    Lanie

13. DizneeTeachR

DizneeTeachR Virtuoso

Jun 14, 2003

Ruth,
    It's nice to see your face around here again!!! I guess I'll be experiencing the same end of the year stuff next spring. If you come across anything that would be fantastic.... I'll email you with info!!!

Thanks Lanie... I love to see what is new and refreshing in the teaching world. I did my pre-internship & actually subbed a lot in the classroom, 1st grade, that I'll be moving into!!!

I was excited to get the job so close to home...about a 4 mile round trip to work. That will keep the miles low on my new Rendezvous(sp?!?) that I got this spring. That keeps my husband happy. I'm also excited because I get a new snowglobe that I collect...now it's deciding which one to add to my over 40 globe collection!!!

Thanks again,
    Sheila (Diznee)