Yay!

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Beth2004, Nov 30, 2005.

1. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 30, 2005

I'm sitting right now in the classroom where I'm acting as a long-term sub. The regular teacher (who hasn't left on maternity leave yet) left to go over to the central office to drop off some paperwork. I've got about 25 minutes left on my prep before the kids come back from Spanish. I don't know if she'll be back by then, but when they come back I'll be leading morning meeting, then teaching Math. After that I'll be teaching Reading and (if she's not back) L.A. Then after lunch this afternoon I'll be teaching Science. I'm really excited. I'm a little bit nervous, but I feel prepared. I'll let everyone know how it goes later!

3. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Nov 30, 2005

Everything went really well. She was actually back before the prep was over, but then needed to cover the office and was in and out of the classroom for the rest of the day. I ended up teaching everything. I was happy. She felt bad about me just sitting there the first day and only teaching Math yesterday, so she asked me if I wanted to do more. Of course, I said "yes." I think I'll probably end up just teaching everything from now on. There's one kid in the class that gives her a really hard time and he was fine with me Mon. and Tues, but today he started testing me. He wasn't doing his Math work when he was supposed to be and it took me threatening him with losing recess in order to get him to do it. Granted, he didn't finish it until we were already doing a L.A. paper, but he ended up finishing both papers so I was happy. I didn't really want to lose part of my lunch break to sit with him in the classroom. ;) I'm not too worried about him, though. He's a pain, but I'm used to dealing with kids like him! haha

4. JaimeMarie

JaimeMarie Moderator

Nov 30, 2005

Glad things went well for you today!