Yay Smartboards!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by soleil00, Sep 12, 2011.

1. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 12, 2011

My district is FINALLY getting smartboards!! I mean, this is the most technology we have other than a few document cameras here and there and some crappy 15 year old computers...

They told us today that district installation starts on the 26th, but since we are the lowest grade school (PreK-1st) we have a high chance of being last to get ours.... but who cares! We're getting smartboards!!

I'm sitting here looking online at all the lessons I can do with the boards... heeee! excitement!

3. stampin'teacher

stampin'teacher Cohort

Sep 12, 2011

Yay! My new school doesn't have them..or document cameras...or projectors....oye!
    SmartExchange.com is a great resource for lesson planning. I never use the lessons exactly as I find them, but it's super easy to add and individualize it for your needs.

4. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 12, 2011

Thank you for the link! So far I've only found ones that you had to pay for and they weren't on the cheap side..

We have to share doc. cameras between teachers so I get one every two weeks. We're supposed to be getting a new stock of those as well so every teacher has one, but I'm betting we don't if we are getting boards this month!

5. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Maven

Sep 12, 2011

We got whole SmartClassrooms that have audio enhancement, board, projector, computer, document camera, wireless slate, student responders, and hookups to the television and DVD player.

All of our classrooms are Smart rooms now. I got my board first, back when the seniors this year were in 7th grade. They started the full setups about a year and a half later.

I hardly remember what I used to do!

6. soleil00

soleil00 Comrade

Sep 12, 2011

....can I please come rob you blind? LOL

I am extremely jealous... we are one of the best districts in this region, in terms of teacher pay and student scores (though that has dropped...), yet we have been lacking technology up until now. Most teachers are still using overheads with transparencies.. =/

In this day and age that's sad...