YAY For Deals!

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by cb4pebbles, Aug 8, 2007.

1. cb4pebbles

cb4pebbles Companion

Aug 8, 2007

Soooo...I went to my first Scholastic Warehouse Sale today!:2up: That was exciting! It was like the running of the bulls!:eek: We were there about 10 minutes early and they let us line up at the door inside the lobby. There were about 8 teachers ahead of my friends and I. When they opened the door everyone rushed forward. People were grabbing books without even looking at them and throwing them in their bags. If I hadn't been doing the same thing it would have been funny.;) I got quite a few books. I was really excited to get Where the Sidewalk Ends in hardcover for super cheap.

After the warehouse sale we hit 2 or 3 Goodwills. I bought a lot of work clothes (Old Navy, American Eagle, Ann Taylor, etc.), movies, books, a VERY LARGE stuffed alligator for my reading area, and a large stuffed Alvin from Alvin and the Chipmunks.

THEN we went to the School Box and bought more teaching supplies. It was a wonderful, HOT (104 degrees), fun filled shopping day. But now I'm exhausted and poor. But still basking in the glow of my purchases!:wub:

3. alilisa

alilisa Habitué

Aug 8, 2007

WOW! It sounds like you had a super productive day!! I wish I was close enough for a Scholastic Warehouse sale!!

4. little317

little317 Groupie

Aug 8, 2007

I love Scholastic Warehouse Sales! A few months ago I got this neat book from the DK Eyewitness series all about ladybugs. My kids were all fascinated by it!

5. prettyinpink

prettyinpink Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

i am going today to a scholastic warehouse sale!!! i am very excited hopefully we get lots of amazing deals!!

6. kiraj

kiraj Companion

Aug 9, 2007

I'm super excited to on August 25th in Portland! Now I know what to expect!

7. hbdb

hbdb Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

Do you find out about their sales on their website?

8. SunShinePumper

SunShinePumper Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

I was so excited about our warehouse sale, but when I went they didn't have very many books. They told me not to be discouraged that the big sale at this location was in December, and that this was just a clearing out of excess books. I'm really jealous of y'all.

9. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Silly question but... do you have to bring your own bags to the warehouse sales? I'm going to one about an hour away from my house in a couple weeks and want to be prepared! I've never been! Thanks.

10. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Aug 10, 2007

At mine, they have big black bags to use while shopping and then when they ring you up, they either put them in bags or in a box, in my case. :)
    hbdb--You can go to Scolastics website and find out about the warehouse sales and if any are in your area.

11. beanie

beanie Rookie

Aug 10, 2007

ahhh, scholastic, mmmmmmmm....

that sounds like such a fun day that you had - very jealous!

12. monica

monica Comrade

Aug 10, 2007

Those sells are SO MUCH fun!! I am SO broke from getting ready to school and skip ours this time of the year. We have one in December and then the spring is the BIGGIE. I save up for it!!

Our "School Box" teacher supply store USE to have the same kinda sale. Talk about chaos. I bought stuff about 5 years ago at the last one that I still have in excess!! I spent sooooo much money, but it was sooooooo worth it. They stopped having those though, it got WAY out of control!!!!