yay-a second interview!!!

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 18, 2007

I had a first interview today at a school not too far away and it actually went really well. I was in there for awhile, I was able to calm my nerves, which never happens and I was able to just say what I felt when answering the principal's questions. Thanks to everyone who posted on the interview practice post, it really helped me in relaxing prior to my interview. Anyway, the principal asked me to come back at the end of the first screening interview for a second interview with a group of teachers. I'm not sure if she will be there with the teachers or not. I've never actually had a second interview in Illinois, so I'm very excited but also a little nervous. The principal told me if they meaning the teachers like me she will call me back for a third interview with her and the superintendent. Would you advise wearing a completely different suit/outfit for second interview? Should I bring copies of my e-portfolio for the teachers even though I already gave one to the principal today? What should I expect? O'h, also how do you answer the differentiated instruction question? this one through me a little today. Thanks in advance, good luck to everyone in the same boat!!!!!!!! I'm hoping my luck has finally turned around.

3. Carebear05

Carebear05 Comrade

Jun 18, 2007

I think taking your e-portfolio would be good, esp. if they are helping to decide the candidate. It def. couldnt hurt! As far as the dif. instruction question. I have never been asked this really, but a district near me is big on differentiation and I asked a woman that I work with about it. Basically what they do is differentiate the assessments. She said that all of the assessments ask the same question, but the answer format is different. One group may have fill in the blank with a word bank or one without, one may have multiple choice with 3 choices, one may more choices, etc. I think the lessons are taught the same way for all of them, it's just the worksheets and assessments. Good luck!

4. Mrs.Gould

Mrs.Gould Comrade

Jun 19, 2007

Differentiated instruction is more than just the assessments. It's also how you plan and actually teach the lessons as well. It is a way to address the various learning styles and multiple intelligences in your classroom. I'm usually asked this question in my interviews, and if I'm not, I always bring it up in one of my answers. Google it and you'll find TONS of information and examples. Hope this helps.

5. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 19, 2007

Thanks! That helps, I checked out a website which was very useful in explaining differentiated instruction. I think will bring e-portfolio for teachers. Your right, if their the ones who will either help or hinder my chances at 3rd interview, I want to impress them.