WWYD?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by doodle70, Aug 17, 2011.

1. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Aug 17, 2011

There is an elementary position in the district that I student taught that was posted last March-April. I applied, sent a letter of interest and resume. I heard nothing so I emailed another LOI and resume to the principal a few months later. Every week this job was reposted on the updated job openings and it was just reposted again today.

So should I drop a letter of interest and resume off again? I am updating my application since I now have a certification number. Would that be a good enough reason to bug this guy again? :lol: Also the school was being remodeled this summer and even started school at the middle school the first week. I could act like I thought they might have lost my information in the chaos.

Should I or just leave it alone? :whistle:

3. sonflawah

sonflawah Companion

Aug 17, 2011

Definitely keep bugging them. Stop by the school and let them know you are still interested in the position. Drop off another copy of your letter of interest and resume along with letters of recommendation.

4. mollydoll

mollydoll Connoisseur

Aug 17, 2011

Well, worst case is you annoy them and they don't hire you, but if they weren't going to hire you anyway, no harm done, right?

Best case, is you resend right when they need it and they admire your persistence!

Go for it!

5. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Aug 17, 2011

Keep on inquiring. Good luck!

6. SingBlueSilver

SingBlueSilver Companion

Aug 17, 2011

Take a little trip over there. Dress professionally. Have a resume and intro letter in hand (make sure they are tailored SPECIFICALLY to THAT school). And bring your portfolio (just in case). Be friendly with the secretary, remind her you were a student teacher there (in case she doesn't recognize you or its a new secretary) and ask if you would be able to briefly speak to the P regarding the open position. If not, be kind and thank her for her time and leave the letter and resume. If so, be prepared for a drilling! Good luck!

7. SCTeachInTX

SCTeachInTX Fanatic

Aug 18, 2011

Send you cooperating teacher a note and ask her if she knows anything about the position. If they P has not responded back, I would not take that as a positive sign. You don't want to call or email several times because that cost an applicant a position this year. We interviewed her as a courtesy to a staff member and the P drew a line through her interview sheet, the moment that she walked out of the door. So, be careful. Try your cooperating teacher and see if she has the inside scoop.

8. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Aug 18, 2011

I'll email my cooperating teacher and a church friend that worked at this school.

I hate trying to figure this all out, it's like walking a tightwire!

9. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Aug 18, 2011

After contacting your cooperating teacher, I would walk your resume into the principal if this is a real job opening.

10. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Aug 18, 2011

I called the BOE today about turning in a copy of my certification and asked about the position. They said to call the school directly because they thought the position had been filled and were surprised to see it posted again. It could be a new position or a call for a candidate pool JIC there is a new class needed.

I'll be calling in the morning and maybe dropping off a resume in the afternoon.

11. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 19, 2011

Dropping off my resume in person is what landed me my first job. And hounding the assistant superintendent from where I student taught during my first year teaching (I was a full year LTS) got me my current job. So persistence does pay off :) Good luck!

12. doodle70

doodle70 Companion

Aug 19, 2011

Well the school didn't even know why the job was posted, they don't have an opening and they aren't high enough with attendance to be thinking of adding a position. So it must have been overlooked when they cleaned up the list.

But I did find 2 openings in other districts, applied online and faxed a cover letter and resume to them today.