WWYD? ...ETA

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by smannes, Aug 23, 2007.

1. smannes

smannes Companion

Aug 23, 2007

Went on an interview last friday. Monday pm the principal called me to say the panel liked me and that Tues. am she would call my references and then the process would be rolling. Well, she hasn't called my references yet. School starts on Monday and I'm sure she's super busy. Should I call her and just say something like ...? I don't even know what to say. But I feel like if I don't call she'll think i'm no longer interested (although that was her reason she called me Mon. to make sure the one they wanted-me-was still interested)

ETA: Thanks! I got an email from a former employer saying the principal called her and she told them I "walked on water" LOL. I will give the principal a call anyway to see if there's anything else they need from me.

3. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Aug 23, 2007

I would call. Maybe if school weren't so close to starting I'd wait a day or so, but you need to know now! Give her a call and remind her you are still interested and ask if she needs anything extra from you to help the process along.

4. Tbug

Tbug Companion

Aug 23, 2007

I would call too. She'll understand that you want to know so you can get started on planning. She is probably very busy but if you call, she'll hopeful realize how important it is to make a decision and will put it at the top of her list. Just be very nice and express your excitement!
    What grade level is the position for?

5. mstemple05

mstemple05 Cohort

Aug 23, 2007

I think she does know that you're interested because she called to find out and you expressed that. However, it does alarm me that school is starting so soon and she hasn't called your references. That would make me wonder just how together the school is?