wrong forum? free online access to sped articles?

Discussion in 'Special Education Archives' started by JAMIE, Sep 14, 2006.

1. JAMIE

JAMIE Rookie

Sep 14, 2006

i have to do a research paper based on 3 articles dealing with dyslexics with reading problems. unfortunately, a lot of the articles i found online, wanted you to pay to read the rest. i need articles from professional journals (exceptional children, teaching students with special needs etc.) and my school library doesnt have the best recent journals. anyone know some free cites for this?

3. TeacherGroupie

TeacherGroupie Moderator

Sep 14, 2006

Try searching the ERIC database via the Educator's Reference Desk, http://www.eduref.org/. Not everything that turns up will be absolutely current, but there might be some goodies.

It's also possible that you'll need to make a field trip to a library that's likelier to have what you want.

4. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Sep 14, 2006

do you know the journals you want access to?
    how about the specific articles/volumes?

if you know that, i could try seeing if i have access to it.
    then i could e-mail the article to you.
    does that make sense?

that doesn't really answer your question.
    i'll try to browse around for some free sites.

5. JAMIE

JAMIE Rookie

Sep 14, 2006

i used that and the school's library articles database. i got a couple of articles but i dont really like them lol. i will use them though if i find nothig good.

6. JAMIE

JAMIE Rookie

Sep 14, 2006

no idea. it just has to be someone recent within a couple of years but they have to be from professional journals. thanks. i guess the exceptional child would be great. your post count is 666 :eek: :thanks:

7. ellen_a

ellen_a Groupie

Sep 14, 2006

I found this site which may prove helpful: http://aera-cr.asu.edu/ejournals/

While I do have access to some articles, I'm not sure what you need because you don't seem to have a topic yet If I was you, I would search again through the library, noting trends that you see within the literature (i.e. from what you can read of the abstracts or the titles) and choose a topic on a trend that you think might interest you. That will allow us to better help you if we can as well.

Hope that made sense.