writing topics

Discussion in 'Second Grade' started by fun2teach, Sep 16, 2008.

1. fun2teach

fun2teach New Member

Sep 16, 2008

My students are having trouble generating ideas for writers workshop. I wanted to make a topic list for them to look at if they need it. Does anyone have a list of good topics for me to use to get them started?

3. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

4. LennyLopes

LennyLopes New Member

Aug 6, 2019

Thanks for articles, really good sugestions!

5. randyaybe

randyaybe Rookie

Apr 1, 2020

When working on opinion writing, besides Would you rather questions, this list has served me well:
    1. Fun and Games. What is your favorite game to play? Why is it better than other activities?
    2. Bedtime Tales. What is the best bedtime story your mom or dad has ever read to you? What made it the best?
    3. Travel Stops. If you could choose to stay in a tent, an RV, or a fancy hotel while traveling with your family, which would you choose and why?
    4. Playground Fun. What is the very best piece of equipment on your school’s playground? What makes it the best?
    5. Exotic Pets. If you could choose any wild animal for a pet, what would you choose and why?
    6. Study Choice. Your teacher has asked you to decide what topic the class studies next. What do you pick and why?
    7. Favorite subject. Which school subject is your favorite and why?
    8. Yucky or Yummy. Write about a food that you like but most people don’t. Why should people give it a chance?
    9. Play Time. Should your school give kids a longer recess time? Why or why not?
    10. Digital or Print. Which is better, a printed book or a tablet?

6. randyaybe

randyaybe Rookie

Apr 1, 2020

What has always been interesting is having my students write to this prompt: Would you rather be rich or smart?