Writing Pens!

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by Ms. I, Feb 19, 2009.

1. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 19, 2009

I LOVE a good, bold-writing medium point black ink, ballpoint pen! I HATE fine point! I'm not the type to spend a lot of money for one of those very expensive pens.

I thought the Flex Grip Ultra by Paper Mate was good, until the other day when I wrote w/ a brand I never heard of: Staedtler 1.6 Maxum Ballpoint Pen! It's great & I plan to buy a pack this week (even though I have enough pens to last me for yrs! :D)

So, what pens do YOU like?

3. irx7fani

irx7fani Rookie

Feb 19, 2009

Pilot pens are really good and cheap... Used a Mont Blanc before, and I liked it a lot. The weight of the pen is really good, and it looks really nice... Had a few Cross and Parkers too, but I didn't like them as much... Parker's mechanical pencils are nice though.

4. New3rdTeacher

New3rdTeacher Comrade

Feb 19, 2009

They are all fine to me. A pen is a pen really
    I like medium more than fine but whatever writes

5. GoldenPoppy

GoldenPoppy Habitué

Feb 20, 2009

Right now my favorite is the uniball Signo gelstick. DH has a Mont Blanc that I adore, but I wouldn't carry it around with me.

6. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Feb 20, 2009

I am obsessive over pens, pencils, and paper. I was always a happy kid when I got it for my birthday or christmas! LOL! My current favorites are something that I had not encountered until I came to this school. They are actually black felt pens. They also have red and green (my favorite!!) All they say are EF: FELT TIP PEN on the side. Not sure who EF is though.

7. Ranchwife

Ranchwife Companion

Feb 20, 2009

Pentel Twist Erase 0.5 mechanical pencils for me. I only use pens (fine tip and in blue) when I have to sign something or write a check. Being a math/science person, I've become attached to my pencils and will defend them at all costs! :)

8. StickyNotes

StickyNotes Companion

Feb 20, 2009

EF pens

EF Pens are Eberhard Faber brand. Love them too!

I also don't like the fine tip pens. They seem to scratch the paper more than anything else.

I'm just glad to hear there are others with obsessions over pens, pencils, and the like. I don't like normal pencils, I like mechanical. Dull pencils make me sick. :)

9. AMK

AMK Aficionado

Feb 20, 2009

My boyfriend likes the pilot pens. I love my Sharpie Pens

10. SwOcean Gal

SwOcean Gal Devotee

Feb 20, 2009

I love my black Pilot Precise V7 RT- it is a fine black tip pen- it writes perfectly every time! I am crazy about my pens!

11. cmw

cmw Groupie

Feb 20, 2009

OMG! I love pens (and markers and pencils). (I don't want any of the writing utensils to feel left out). :p I like the new 9mm mechanical pencils. they don't break like the 5 & 7. I like the new permanent markers by BIC. They're cheaper than sharpies. I also like the felt pens by pilot. They write really well. Oh and I love the Mr. Sketch scented markers. They are great for writing on chart paper. :D

12. Brendan

Brendan Fanatic

Feb 20, 2009

I love my pens also. I love my uniball vision elites. Next time I run to staples I may have to test run some of these.

13. Ms. I

Ms. I Maven

Feb 21, 2009

Yes, I have a thing for pens & even moreso, post-it notes!

14. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Feb 21, 2009

Re: Pens

I have two favorite pens... the first is a Pilot G-2 and the second is a the Pentel RSVP. Both come in assorted colors and points. The grips on each make them so easy to use!! Because both pens also come in my "signature color"... PURPLE, I have tons of them. :wub:

15. runsw/scissors

runsw/scissors Phenom

Feb 21, 2009

Bic Stick pens in med. point and Bic Crystals of the same-they are classics but they write cleanly every time all the time. I don't think I have ever had to throw either away before the ink was out. I'm not a huge fan of the gel pens because the smear and make a mess. In fact, I've banned gel pens from my room.