Writing Letters to Fire Victims in California

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by Cthdenver, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Cthdenver

Cthdenver Rookie

Oct 26, 2007

~Writing Letters to Fire Victims~

I started to bring in Newspaper articles about the fire in California to my fifth grade class. I started to talk - imagine you got a call that in one hour you have to be out of your house with everything that is important to you. When you leave your house you go away thinking that it might be burnt down. - Thus I got the idea to send letters to victims in Souther California. I got in touch with some of the organizations over there. This coming week we are writing and sending letters of support. If anyone ones to join this effort please PM me and I will send you the contacts I have.

3. Cthdenver

Cthdenver Rookie

Oct 26, 2007

Please Note

Please Note if You send me a PM I can not respond until Saturday night or sunday.

4. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Oct 26, 2007

Cthdenver, they did something similar on the news the other day. They went to random houses and actually had the people get everything they would get if they had to be evacuated. They only gave them 10 minutes though. Some of those people were ready within a couple of minutes because they had already had an emergency bag packed in their homes in a "just in case" situation.

5. Cthdenver

Cthdenver Rookie

Oct 27, 2007

Anybody wana join this? PM sunday or tonight I will get you the info