Writing Ideas w/paint cards????

Discussion in 'Elementary Education' started by 6thgradeteacher, Aug 9, 2007.

1. 6thgradeteacher

6thgradeteacher Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Does anyone have any good ideas to use paint cards (like the little ones you pick up at Walmart, Home Depot) with writing lessons?

3. h2omane

h2omane Comrade

Aug 9, 2007

What color is strength and why?
    What shade takes you far away and why?
    which color shows history, and why?

Write a paragraph about a color inventer who has a little color mixing shop where something happens causing him to make the colour you have received at your desk.

Write a letter to the color explaining what joy it brings to your life, and where you see similar colours in the world

what sort of animal is coloured the same color as this paint chip? How did they get that color?

etc.

4. 6thgradeteacher

6thgradeteacher Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

Good ideas...thanks!!

5. heymrsp

heymrsp Rookie

Aug 9, 2007

I was thinking about having some of my groups create posters using these for an activity to go along with a synonym lesson. For some of my other groups, I thought it would be a good activity to go with adjectives....for example, on a paint chip, they could write 5 adjectives that would correlate to a word(that I choose) they pull from a hat, one on each shade. Im still working on that one though! One other idea I had was using them as a tool for descriptive writing - they could brainstorm descriptive words on them for a particular piece of writing they are working on....again, still working on these ideas! ;)