Writing Center..

Discussion in 'General Education' started by teach24iam, Jul 23, 2008.

1. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 23, 2008

I"ve never had an actual writing center in my Kindergarten class, but am doing one this year. What all would you include, beyond the obvious of pencils, paper, etc...

3. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2008

How about alphabet stamps and other stamps so they can do rebus sentences, stickers for rewards, different types of writing utensils like dry erase boards or a MagnaDoodle. Papers like wrapping paper or journal papers, stationary.

4. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 23, 2008

All great ideas, thanks! What else??

5. teach24iam

teach24iam Comrade

Jul 23, 2008

Stamps are a good idea, they could copy, trace and all that good stuff too...

6. Mable

Mable Enthusiast

Jul 23, 2008

You could change the stamps according to monthly themes. Leaves for September...post Snap words to use in sentences. I see a green leaf (stamp). Then, they could illustrate it.

How about a BINGO dot marker they can use for periods. You could also have a magnetic sheet where you could have magnets to make sentences (pics) and they could write the words that match pics. You could also have those punctuation sticky notes- I've seen them in question and exclamation marks. Post a message with missing punctuation and they use the stickies and replace the missing punctuation. I'm even thinking you could have a daily graphing question and a sign in sheet.

7. 2love2teach

2love2teach Companion

Jul 23, 2008

stencils, stamps, (target has mini alphabet stamps for $1), letter stickers, handwriting practice pages (I laminated these pages so that they could be wiped off and used over and over again).....