Writing Bulletin Board

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MissAmy, Jul 9, 2009.

1. MissAmy

MissAmy Companion

Jul 9, 2009

I am trying to come up with a useful writing bulletin board for my students.

I want to include things they have to have in every writing piece:

simile
    descriptive words
    ontamontapias
    and so on...

I also want to have a place to add ways to narrative and expository paragraphs.

We are the Greyhounds and I want the title of the board something to do with our school mascot...

Creative Hounds???

I am terrible. Does anyone have any great ideas for a writing bulletin board?

3. Ima Teacher

Ima Teacher Virtuoso

Jul 9, 2009

There are all kinds of literary devices that students can use in writing, so you could start with the ones that they will encounter in the pieces that they read.

I would be careful telling them that they have to use ALL of whatever you choose in every piece of writing. For instance, if my students were writing a business letter, then the use of onomatopoeia would be inappropriate.

I'm not sure how much space you have, but I have more than one area dedicated to writing. One board has literary elements, one has literary genres, one has the writing process, and one has quick fixes for common writing errors.

4. MissAmy

MissAmy Companion

Jul 10, 2009

The board is more geared toward our state testing for writing so I do want them to include ALL of my list in that kind of writing. I always make sure they know that before we discuss writing for any other purpose.

Thanks for the ideas. I like the idea for quick fixes. Maybe that part of the writing board can be to where we can add to it throughout the year.