Writing Across Curriculum

Discussion in 'General Education Archives' started by Josh, Jul 13, 2005.

1. Josh

Josh New Member

Jul 13, 2005

I am looking for some suggestions for implementing/managing writing across the curriculum. If someone has some advice, it would be greatly appreciated. I will be teaching sixth grade in an elementary setting. I am also interested in implementing a class produced newspaper. If there is anyone who has done this and would like to offer suggestions?

3. TXTeacher4

TXTeacher4 Companion

Jul 13, 2005

I think the news paper idea is awesome! I did it when I was in 5th grade and we loved it! Each student in class had an assignment with a partner. There was a Dear Abby section, sports, headlines, and comics. I don't remember all the details. Sounds like fun!

4. Andrea L

Andrea L Habitué

Jul 13, 2005

One of my teachers in my masters program told us about the following website and it has information on writing across the curriculum:

www.ttms.org

5. cbickley

cbickley Rookie

Jul 13, 2005

I just visited that site... it looks great. I just finished a course specifically on literacy/writing across the curriculum (I'm secondary science specialty). This site has information that is especially appropriate. I forwarded it to my instructor for his next class :)

Thanks for the link!