Wow Wife

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by cutNglue, Nov 4, 2011.

1. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 4, 2011

I admit I'm a bit punchy. I've been going nonstop, I'm craving chocolate and it was 3am. Hubby was being slightly irritating and not sugary and complimentary enough (to go with my chocolate mood).

I tell him that sometimes those token systems (catch them doing good bucks) are just as much for teachers because it helps them make an effort to find something positive even when initially they can't see to see it. So I got a genius idea! Hubby needs some of those bucks. He agreed (out of self preservation) to try it. I told him it would only take a few minutes to make it.

I came back with a stack of "tickets" that simply say, "Wow Wife." I was feeling a bit punchy and proud of my phrase. Within a minute, hubby who was being true to his word, uses the first one.

Wha did I get a Wow Wife ticket for? His first compliment is that I have a good sense of humor.

I want that rolling on the floor emoticon because that's exactly what I did. I beamed and looked at him and said, "see how well it works! It worked on my end too." We were both hysterical by then.

Yep, a bit punchy at 3am. What a Wow Wife moment indeed.

3. Peachyness

Peachyness Virtuoso

Nov 4, 2011

Hmmmm, that's a good idea.... hmmm, I wonder if I should implement something like that for hubby to help motivate him to help keep the apartment clean?

4. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 4, 2011

You could call it Hot Hubby!

5. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 4, 2011

I use classroom management tools too - I give my husnband two choices: would you like to do the dishes or clean up the toys? When he says neither I tell him, "That's not a choice" with a sweet smile and calm voice.

6. cutNglue

cutNglue Magnifico

Nov 4, 2011

You really got to have a sense of humor in a marriage. My husband is cracking me up today. He says they are like Doggie Treats.