Wow...Two Interviews In the Same Week

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by penguinpc, Jun 12, 2012.

1. penguinpc

penguinpc Comrade

Jun 12, 2012

After having only 2 interviews in three years, I now have two in the same week.

I interviewed for a 1st grade position yesterday and I am interviewing for a 5th grade position Thursday.

The 1st grade position is 35 minutes away, the 5th grade position is 12 minutes away.

I'm supposed to hear about the 1st grade position tomorrow. Although 12 minutes is much more desirable than 35 minutes, I also feel that a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Especially with the scarcity of teaching jobs in the last few years. I'm not sure if the district 35 minutes away would let me think about it until I find out about the 12 minute job.

Oh well, no use putting the cart before the horse.

I guess sending out over 300 cover letters and resumes is paying off. Or the praying, or both.

3. TryingToTeach11

TryingToTeach11 Rookie

Jun 12, 2012

So exciting! Congrats!!

Its always good to be prepared for the BEST case scenario! If they offer you the job thank them and ask them when they need to hear back from you by. Let them set their own date... it may be more time than you would have given yourself. THEN after you wow everyone at your other interview, you tell them at the end that you were offered another job and have to let them know by (date), tell them that jobs are hard to come by right now but you really feel drawn to this school/position and it is your first choice.

I did this and ended up getting the second offer 3 hrs after my interview.

Good luck!

4. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Jun 12, 2012

Congrats! Good luck!

Definitely ask for some time to think about it. They may not give you much but it's at least worth asking.