Wow.....part 2... just turned to WOWZA!!!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Teaching Grace, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Teaching Grace

Teaching Grace Connoisseur

Apr 1, 2011

Tim, since my husband is unemployed, pay was one of my first questions. They told me that it does not effect it at all. On our salary schedule it's based on years of experience and education level. Well, at least for now it is. They are going to be going to merit pay soon :( Then student performance will count for 50% of our pay. I also asked who will be paying for this certification test that I have to take... again because I have 2 kids and a stay-at-home dad to take care of :) The P told me "We'll work something out."

2. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 1, 2011

At least they are being good about paying for things!

You may want to ask for a subscription to the Council for Exceptional Children (www.cec.sped.org). I get many resources from here even as a gen ed teacher and it is always up to date with the law.

3. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2011

I'm sorry that this is happening to you...they shouldn't have given you a choice in the first place if this was the plan the whole time.

Is transferring to a classroom teacher position at another school in your district an option or something that you would want to do?

4. Teaching Grace

Apr 1, 2011

My administration came to me this afternoon and told me that after considering what I had told them yesterday.... I'm going into Kindergarten.... or at least they are 95% sure that I will be in K next year :) :) :) :) I'm very happy.... but of course I am also very hesitant now too!

5. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Apr 1, 2011

:celebrate: Great news t-n-2! Have they announced it to the staff yet? Maybe if you ask them "kg" type questions or let them know that you are prepping to teach kg. next year, then they would find it difficult to change their minds again.

6. mopar

mopar Multitudinous

Apr 1, 2011

Oh I'm so glad that they at least heard what you said! Hopefully they will not change their minds.

7. Kangaroo22

Kangaroo22 Virtuoso

Apr 1, 2011

That's great!

8. Teaching Grace

Apr 1, 2011

This whole situation has been so crazy!!! I was told it's 95% sure. There has been so much talk about things around school that most people have everything figured out.... now I'm going to look at all the cute Kindergarten things :)

9. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Apr 2, 2011

I'm so glad the admin has come to their senses. It is outrageous to place some one in a SPED position who has no certification, no experience, and no desire!
    In Florida, since they have abolished tenure and decided that your salary will be largely based upon student performance, placing a teacher in that predicament will be tantamount to possibly ending their career...how terrible that would be for a passionate, dedicated teacher.

10. timsterino

timsterino Comrade

Apr 3, 2011

This is what always bugs me about the 'system'. The teacher who does the best job in a school always seems to get screwed the most. I have seen this first hand. That basically tells these 'professionals' that if they screw up, the competent teachers in the school will take up their slack. That is just unacceptable to me but it happens ALL of the time.

11. timsterino

timsterino Comrade

Apr 3, 2011

This is good news! Fingers crossed! :)