Wouldn't it be nice if...

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by suzerich, Aug 25, 2009.

1. suzerich

suzerich Companion

Aug 25, 2009

I have been looking for a while, but have resigned myself to subbing this year. My background is in museums, but all of the museums with openings are at least 30-40 miles away. Yesterday, I sent a resume to one of them that has a part-time opening. I got a response back today, saying thank you, but the position has been filled. She thinks I'd be a good fit and she's keeping the resume on file. I doubt if I could have afforded to travel to the job for the salary, but it feels nice to get a little encouragement once in a while. It also was more of a sales position, which isn't really what I'd want to do. I like collections, exhibits and programming.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get some type of response back like this when we apply for teaching positions. A few of the districts I apply to have some way of notifying you when the position is filled, others keep the position listed, and the only way to know for sure is when the listing doesn't show up anymore.

3. MrsA

MrsA Rookie

Aug 25, 2009

It would certainly be nice. I've applied to so many positions without a response, that I keep going back to the applications to check and make sure I have my contact information correct. I always do - but it would sure be nice if someone would confirm that!

4. emmakate218

emmakate218 Connoisseur

Aug 25, 2009

Why, yes it would.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 25, 2009

Yes it would!

6. Jlyn07

Jlyn07 Comrade

Aug 25, 2009

It would be nice. I think I've been lucky though; for the 7 interviews I've had this summer, I've only NOT heard back from one - of course, the one I wanted the most, lol. Every other one has either sent me a letter or called to let me know I didn't get the jobs. I've also gotten a ridiculous amount of rejection letters simply from sending in my resume.

What would be VERY nice is if someone would call to offer me a job, lol!