Would you or have you -should I email a principal directly after applying?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by tripletsteacher, Mar 28, 2007.

1. tripletsteacher

tripletsteacher Companion

Mar 28, 2007

I recently applied to a school in my district. I was told interview calls would be made after Spring Break which will be next week. The job was posted on the school website and has a link to the principal's email address directly under the job listing. I am wondering if I should email the principal restating my interest in the job? Has anyone ever done this? My husband says "Yes". However, the application and all the documents has to be paper copies sent in. Take a look at the website if you have time and tell me what you think about emailing him. thanks
    Here is the link http://kinn131.org/employment.htm.

I just wonder if he is expecting that sort of agressiveness, or if it is not professional to email directly?
    thanks

3. snickydog

snickydog Groupie

Mar 28, 2007

I don't think there's anything wrong with following up via email, but through the link, it's the superintendant's email listed. Just be careful about how you address the email!

4. Lesley

Lesley Habitué

Mar 28, 2007

Did you snail mail all the information to the principal? If you did then yes e-mail him/her a note re-stating your interest and your qualifications. If you did not snail mail the information to the principal I would email a letter of interest and all the extra paperwork as an attachment, stating you had sent your information through USPS to _____, but wanted him/her to see your information as well.

5. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Mar 28, 2007

I agree with your husband!!

Your application is on file in the general office. You want the principal to be so interested in YOU that he goes to that file specifically to pull your application out. That won't happen if he doesn't know you exist.

So write a great letter and get him interested!

6. kidatheart

kidatheart Habitué

Mar 28, 2007

I agree also. I say send a follow up email - as long as you did snail mail everything else that was requested.
    Good luck.

7. worrywart

worrywart Companion

Mar 28, 2007

Definitely send the email. You never know exactly what will catch their attention!

8. Musicalgator

Musicalgator Companion

Mar 29, 2007

I e-mailed the principal when I found the opening. That's how I landed my job.

9. MissFrizzle

MissFrizzle Virtuoso

Mar 29, 2007

Go for it! Be aggressive in your search. It really is the only way