Would you bump him?

Discussion in 'General Education' started by Mathemagician, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Nov 21, 2012

My first thought was to bump him, but then I read that he had an 87 until the extra work, leading me to say not to bump him. If he had an 89 before the extra work, then yes.

Do you believe that he has tried his best every day? Sometimes, all A kids can feel like it is ok to slack off because they can either (1) get extra work, or (2) they will be close enough for a bump.

Sometimes, getting their first B can be a wake up call that he might not be putting in all the effort to earn an A.

2. Go 4th

Go 4th Habitué

Nov 21, 2012

Sorry...sometimes I forget to check how many pages there are and then realize that I've missed stuff. Lol. Glad it was resolved.

3. Tasha

Tasha Phenom

Nov 21, 2012

I know what you mean. Sometimes I respond on the first page to the OP only to discover that the conversation has completely changed!

4. Em_Catz

Em_Catz Devotee

Nov 22, 2012

If I have a kid who participates, doesn't give me a lot of grief, genuinely tries their best and they are that close, I woudl bump them up.

When I was in college, I had a 86%. The professor told me I didn't have to come in for the final because even if I got a 100%, the exam was only worth 3% points so I'd get a 89%. I asked if there was anything I could do and she said no. I asked if I came in and got a 100% would she consider giving me an extra point, she said no.

I talked to Mom, and decided to study anyway and take the test thinking the teacher would admire my dedication and bump me up. I got a 100% on the test...and a 89% in her class. I was crushed. That was almost 8 years ago and it still makes me feel bad.