Would you be upset.....

Discussion in 'General Education' started by MelissainGA, Aug 4, 2010.

1. MelissainGA

MelissainGA Groupie

Aug 4, 2010

If you had spent a grueling year (at the request of the County) getting an endorsement that normally takes 2 years to complete in 1 year to be able to teach a certain population of students and when your classroom rosters came out you had ZERO of that group of students.

Also, if you had an endorsement to teach another population and you only have 5 of what you should have from that group after having it be1/3 of your class makeup last year (by the way all of my students from this population passed to go to 4th grade) since my entire class passed the portion that they needed to pass to move on.

I was really more hurt than angry since the principal was the one that recommended that I get the endorsement last school year.

Thanks for reading. Just needed to vent to my friends at A to Z.

3. DaleJr88AmpFan

DaleJr88AmpFan Cohort

Aug 4, 2010

I'd be irked... especially after working extra hard on completing the endorsement so quickly.

And vent away any time you want to... that's what we are all here for. :)

4. MissCeliaB

MissCeliaB Aficionado

Aug 4, 2010

Something very similar happened to me this year (principal asked me to add an endorsement then didn't give me any of those classes) so I know how you feel. Not only that, but she gave me an extra of a prep I'm not as excited about and took away one class of the prep that I wrote myself.

5. smalltowngal

smalltowngal Multitudinous

Aug 4, 2010

I'd be upset too. but you never know when you might need that endorsment.

6. Love to Teach

Love to Teach Cohort

Aug 4, 2010

In a word...yes! I would be VERY upset. Give yourself a big pat on the back, though, for what you accomplished, and take comfort in the fact that you are a class act. :hugs:

7. JustMe

JustMe Virtuoso

Aug 4, 2010

I would be annoyed. Who paid for this endorsement?

8. FarFromHome

FarFromHome Connoisseur

Aug 4, 2010

I would be annoyed. But if you ever look for another job-it's just one more thing to help you stand out!

9. Lynnnn725

Lynnnn725 Connoisseur

Aug 4, 2010

I'd be disappointed, but not surprised.

10. TeacherApr

TeacherApr Groupie

Aug 5, 2010

eh....it happens. I would be disappointed but would realize that it will come in handy down the road. For example, we have to have an SEI endorsement to teach now. For the past 2 years I have had full classrooms of ELL students, however this next year I only have 9 on my roster and 15 mainstream kids (as opposed to 30+ ELL) It happens...no use getting worked up over it.

11. Marci07

Marci07 Devotee

Aug 5, 2010

My current principal is advising me to get extra endorsements but not because he is planning that I teach with these new endorsments but because it would give me more job security. Not sure how that works but that was a strong reason for me to get it since there have been a lot of layoffs around here lately.

12. ku_alum

ku_alum Aficionado

Aug 5, 2010

You're right to feel upset, but having an extra endorsement will maybe be helpful in the future ... sounds like there is no guarantee you will always be assigned the same type of populations. Be proud of yourself for getting it done. Decisions by admin sometimes don't make since without all of the details.