Would anyone be willing to mock interview me?

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by heatherewf, Jun 2, 2014.

1. heatherewf

heatherewf Rookie

Jun 2, 2014

This is probably kind of a weird question, but I'm desperate! This is my 4th summer looking for a teaching job and I'm getting extremely discouraged. I decided to take control of the only thing I have any control over which is my answers to interview questions.

That having been said... would anyone be willing to, say, email me a few common interview questions and let me email my answers back for a critique? I value the input from this board very much and would appreciate any help anyone is willing to give! :help::thanks:

3. ktmiller222

ktmiller222 Cohort

Jun 2, 2014

I am interested. This is my 4th summer looking for a teaching job as well (although I've taught two years in another state). I've been on a couple screening interviews and that's it.

4. swansong1

swansong1 Virtuoso

Jun 2, 2014

I'd be happy to help. I retired a week ago after 40 years of teaching so I have seen quite a bit in my years.

5. otterpop

otterpop Phenom

Jun 2, 2014

Check with your college's career services office too. Even if you've been graduated for a while, they often offer mock interviews, perhaps even by phone or online

6. heatherewf

heatherewf Rookie

Jun 2, 2014

otterpop - yes, my university does offer mock interviews, but the schedule is when I'm at work. I'm hoping they will still be offering those services next week when I'm out for the summer.

Thanks so much, I'll be PMing you swansong!

7. gr3teacher

gr3teacher Phenom

Jun 2, 2014

I wish you the best of luck with the interview process, but I think a face-to-face mock interview would be much more helpful to you.

8. MrsRed

MrsRed Rookie

Jun 2, 2014

This. Or even Skype/FaceTime.

9. heatherewf

heatherewf Rookie

Jun 3, 2014

You're absolutely correct and I do plan on following up with my university's career services center to schedule one. I have also reached out to the principal in my building to see if she would be willing to do a mock interview with me. I thought I would try to utilize the posters on this forum as well for some additional input - just figured it couldn't hurt.

10. eireannash

eireannash Rookie

Jun 6, 2014

I totally would be willing to do so. I also had typed up some of the questions I figured I would be asked and key points I want to make sure I mentioned and what not if you want it. I can scan it and email it to you. I would be willing to do a phone mock interview with you too. I know it is rough!

11. kassrose

kassrose Companion

Jun 11, 2014

I would be happy too. I have sat on interview panels at my school and could provide some insight. Shoot me a PM.