worry about second interview/summer jobs

Discussion in 'Job Seekers' started by Sub2Teach, Jun 3, 2007.

1. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 3, 2007

Well, I'm currently involved in the waiting game. Last Tuesday, I had a job interview (informal screening interview) and the principal said by the end of next week he would make his calls and send out letters, so when should I expect a call? Do you think its too early to start worrying about not getting a call?

On a different note, I had a general inquiry regarding how most teachers are dealing with their time off now that the school year has ended. I'm looking for a full-time job come august, but having worked as a sub I'm not getting paid over the summer so I need a job. I was wondering what types of jobs should I look for over the summer to keep me busy until school starts again? Are there a lot of options as far as summer jobs for teachers?

Thanks for all your help. Please keep your fingers crossed that I get a call this time for a second interview, I really don't want another rejection letter.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. Aliceacc

Aliceacc Multitudinous

Jun 4, 2007

It's way too early to be worried. (Besides, what would that accomplish??) Give it 2 weeks before you follow up.

I teach an SAT prep course every summer.

4. Lovetoteachkids

Lovetoteachkids Comrade

Jun 4, 2007

I would give the principal until end of next week before you start to worry.

As for summer employment, before my first teaching job I had subbed the year before and was in the same predicament. I found a secretarial job at a summer camp and held that position until I was hired for a teaching job and needed to set up my classroom.

This time around I am a stay at home Mom doing child care in my home. I will have some kids throughout the summer so that should help a little bit until I can earn a real salary. Have you thought of tutoring or working for a summer camp?

5. Beth2004

Beth2004 Maven

Jun 4, 2007

Every summer I work at a daycare with school-age kids. This will actually be my 9th summer there! :eek: It gives me something to do all day and even though the money isn't anything spectacular, it's enough to get me through the summer.

6. Sub2Teach

Sub2Teach Companion

Jun 5, 2007

Thanks for your help. I was overreacting too soon. I will keep hope that the principal will call me. Your right worrying has got me nowhere and I'm driving those around me crazy with my worrying about finding a job for August. Also, thanks for getting back to me on ideas for summer jobs. I definitely need to keep myself busy this summer.