worried.. need advice!

Discussion in 'General Education' started by lillebe, Aug 7, 2007.

1. lillebe

lillebe Rookie

Aug 7, 2007

I have been working at a summer camp this summer. I had taken a few days off to interview for a full time teaching position for September. I was offered a job and of course accepted it. The only this is that this job required me to leave my summer job due to new teacher orientation and such. I gave my summer job 1 1/2 weeks notice that I would be leaving. ( I never signed a contract with them at the beginning of the summer, but the camp was to run until the 25th of August). I could not give up a teaching position which will all know are not easily accessible. The day before my last day of work something came up, so I called out of work. I guess this upset my boss because she left me a nasty email calling me unprofessional and stuff. I emailed her and explained my situation and thought I cleared everything up. Today I got a voicemail from my new principal that she called him, and he wanted to speak to me to straighten things out. He left for the day before I was able to talk to him and I'm really worried about what she could have said to him and I hope it doesn't jeopardize my job. The one weird thing is that I never told her the name of the school, I just mentioned where it was located and that it was a charter school. So the crazy woman spent time researching where I'd be working. I know she had it out to get me from the beginning but I'm really nervous to talk to the principal tomorrow. I don't know what to do.. Help!!!!

3. hescollin

hescollin Fanatic

Aug 7, 2007

Tell the principal the truth. You never signed a contract and you really want a full time job.

4. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 7, 2007

what an unpleasant boss!
    I'm sorry that she did that to you. You did the right thing by telling her right away and she cannot expect you to give up a job for a summer camp!
    Just be honest!!!

5. LvMyFourthGrade

LvMyFourthGrade Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

What a BRAT! Just tell the truth! I am sure your principal will understand. Good Luck!

6. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Aug 8, 2007

Yes, tell the truth. You didn't do anything wrong. I'm sure the principal just wants to know why this crazy lady is bothering him!

7. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 8, 2007

Gee-if anyone is unprofessional-it is her. Does SHE have a boss that YOU could call and complain to? This is almost harrassment!I suspect she may have told your principal some untruths...be honest. he has GOT to see that a camp counselor job doesn't stack up to a real teaching job. I can't believe he is even asking you abou this. Be calm and straightforward with him.

8. lillebe

lillebe Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

I am definitely going to be honest with him, and not let him think I'm nervous or act defensive, because I didn't do anything wrong. He HAS to know she's crazy, I mean who actually goes out of their way to call up and give a negative report about someone. You would think this woman had more important things to do than waste her time trying to ruin my life. This was a summer camp job- Not my life long career.
    I'm going to call first thing in the morning. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

9. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 8, 2007

I am totally with you patti2! I would write a letter and talk to her boss.

10. Eliza

Eliza Companion

Aug 8, 2007

Please do! I'm curious to find out what happens. Good Luck, Lillebe!

11. lillebe

lillebe Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

I guess her boss would be the superintendent of the school district. You really think I should write a letter to him, and explain what she did? I want to do something to get back at her; but at the same time I want to remain professional about the whole situation and not let her know it's bothering me this much.

12. teachingmomof4

teachingmomof4 Groupie

Aug 8, 2007

I would be furious. Tell the principal the truth. Why was she so concerned...isn't it a job onlyt through the summer? Also, you gave her notice. Very unprofessional in my opinion, on her part.

13. lillebe

lillebe Rookie

Aug 8, 2007

I was all worried for nothing. She called just to basically check up on me (as if I'm a little kid or she's my mother). She tracked down the charter school company in Michigan and asked to be transferred to the school in NY. Honestly who goes that far out of their way to do something like that? Well anyways she told the principal she wanted to track me down so I can return my school ID badge (which I told her was in the mail). I don't understand why she couldn't just call me if she hasn't received it yet. I think she was just trying to be a b*tch!
    Thanks for the advice though!

14. leighbball

leighbball Virtuoso

Aug 8, 2007

Glad it all worked out. Congrats on the new job!!!!!!!!!!!

15. patti2

patti2 Cohort

Aug 8, 2007

I'm glad it wasn't anything serious! What a nut! Get a life!

16. Miss_J

Miss_J Habitué

Aug 8, 2007

what a weirdo!!!
    Glad everything is ok, now just put her behind you and focus on the wonderful new job:)

17. Proud2BATeacher

Proud2BATeacher Phenom

Aug 8, 2007

It sounds like she wanted to make sure that you were not lying about getting a teaching job.