Worn Out Solutions

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by dizzykates, Sep 29, 2007.

1. dizzykates

dizzykates Habitué

Sep 29, 2007

Instead of hijacking the thread, I thought I'd start a new one. What do you do to keep from being worn out? What do you do to get motivated and energized after you've become worn out? And how do you keep it from happening again? I am taking a grad course, planning my January wedding and teaching. I am losing my mind! I can't wait to see what you all say. :)

3. GatorGal

GatorGal Cohort

Sep 29, 2007

I really don't have any advice to offer...just wanted you to know that I am wondering the same thing! I'm also planning my wedding (May) and sponsoring a club in my first year teaching.:confused:

4. Kindergarten31

Kindergarten31 Cohort

Sep 29, 2007

After 31 years, it is a challenge. But the only thing that I can suggest is to really prioritize and make lists and totally give up on stuff that doesn't matter at this time. And my favorite thing is short naps! I take one for about 15 minutes when I get home from school and it helps motivate and energize me to get things done during the evening. These work for me, but as I get older, I need all the help I can get!!

5. luv2teach1

luv2teach1 Rookie

Sep 29, 2007

:unsure: Oh boy...I don't think it gets any better! I remember planning my wedding and I wasn't sure who I was or where I was anymore!;) Now that I have children, etc. etc. the exhaustion wears on! I started taking Zumba classes twice a week and love them! I finally decided to start doing a couple things for myself. This seems to help a little. Good luck!:love: