world series

Discussion in 'Teacher Time Out' started by creativemonster, Oct 29, 2017.

1. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Oct 29, 2017

ok - this is seriously nail biting baseball. I am unable to stop watching and so much to get done. This is a good series. Even if my team doesn't win, I'm loving the back and forth.

AlwaysAttend likes this.
  3. greendream

greendream Cohort

Oct 30, 2017

It has been an amazing series. Kept me up past 1 AM last night!

4. Joyful!

Joyful! Habitué

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah, this has been exciting! Neither one is my team, yet I can't look away.

5. czacza

czacza Multitudinous

Oct 30, 2017

Not watching. At all.

6. greendream

greendream Cohort

Oct 31, 2017

Same here. I have no dog in the fight, but this one has been amazing. Houston has a ton of heart, but the Dodgers have been waiting a long time to get back in the limelight. Hard to know who to root for!

7. dgpiaffeteach

dgpiaffeteach Aficionado

Oct 31, 2017

I don't really care for either team unfortunately. It's been interesting baseball, but I really prefer seeing dominant pitching, especially in the postseason. I love those 1-0 games! Baseball is my favorite sport, but I've already moved onto hockey lol.

8. Guitart

Guitart Companion

Oct 31, 2017

My team is the Tribe. We choked again when it counted. Regardless, I have enjoyed the entire MLB post-season. Will be a shame to see it end. I have not sat down to watch a single NFL game all year. MLB has been more entertaining.

9. mathmagic

mathmagic Enthusiast

Oct 31, 2017

My former mentor teacher from student teaching passed away suddenly about a month ago. One of my fond memories was his excitement around the Dodgers and his conversations with a parent of one of the students always about that team. With my city's team well out of the playoffs (for far too long), I usually haven't engaged that much, but am hoping that the Dodgers can pull it off. It'd be fitting.

10. greendream

greendream Cohort

Nov 1, 2017

And now we have Game 7 tonight! It looks like Game 6 got huge ratings.

11. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Nov 1, 2017

I was tired last night I kept falling asleep. Hopefully tonight I can manage to stay awake to see who finally wins this thing.

12. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Nov 1, 2017

Mathmagic, I think my draw to baseball is sentimental as well - not a passed away mentor (I am so sorry to hear this) but just childhood memories of listening to games on the radio. And being taken to a couple of games as a kid. Every city I have lived in I have gone to see games and a couple of years ago my husband got me into watching on tv. I love it. And all my students are really into it right now. (I'm in LA) About to make popcorn and settle in for game 7!

txmomteacher2 and mathmagic like this.
  13. txmomteacher2

txmomteacher2 Enthusiast

Nov 2, 2017

Not to high jack the thread but this is how I feel about football. My Dad traveled a lot when I was a child and was home usually on Sundays. If I wanted to spend time with him I needed to learn football. So I did and now I am a huge football fanatic. All kinds, from little kids Pop Warner to the NFL. For baseball I watch a few games during the season, keep up with whose winning and loosing and I only really ever watch the playoffs and World Series. Not a true fan of the sport but a fan none the less. And BTW your Dodgers played fantastic ball but go ASTROS!!!

creativemonster likes this.
  14. greendream

greendream Cohort

Nov 2, 2017

Game 7 didn't have the fireworks that the other games did, but the Astros are a feel-good team you can't help but celebrate. Awesome series.

15. creativemonster

creativemonster Comrade

Nov 3, 2017

yeah, game 7 was not as exciting, but I was really happy to see my students (all Dodger fans) respect the winning Astros in their discussions today about the series.

greendream likes this.